I’ve been searching everywhere for a healthy banana bread recipe and found one at Half Baked that looked pretty healthy because it contained no sugar or oil and uses whole wheat flour. I made it this weekend with a couple substitutions- adding chopped walnuts and skipping the honey because instead of regular low fat Greek yogurt, I used my favorite carmel Greek yogurt by Stoneyfield. I thought that would add enough sweetness. Adding the walnuts was a hit, but don’t omit the honey like I did. My bread wasn’t sweet enough, but I’m thinking this recipe would be good with the honey. I’m going to keep experimenting!
Healthy Banana Bread via Half Baked
2 cups whole-wheat self-raising flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
3 bananas (very ripe)
¼ cup honey
¼ cup yogurt- lowfat Greek
Let's be friends!
Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate, mash the three bananas and stir in the rest of the wet ingredients. With a mixer, mix until well combined and the banana is smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir together, but don’t over mix.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for about 30 minutes.
- The bread is done when a toothpick comes out clean.
* * * * *