Salad (Fruit, Nut, Cheese)

Hi friends!  It’s good to be back:)  Over the weekend we went to my son’s school Fall Festival and had a great time.  He is at that absolutely delightful age of 2 1/2 and I cannot get enough of him!  Just look at those cute cheeks and squishy little arms and hands!

The problem with the festival was each parent had to bring a dessert, so I made chocolate covered toffee, and then I couldn’t stop eating it!  This stuff is seriously addicting.  Now, I’m craving a detox and think I need to incorporate a few salads into my meals this week.

One of my favorite combinations of salad is fruit, nut and cheese.  The salad below is a combination of Romaine and butter lettuce, apricots, walnuts, and goat cheese.  I drizzle a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar and that’s it!  Super fast and easy.  Add grilled chicken for extra protein.

Of course, you can use whatever lettuce you prefer, then switch up the ingredients with various kinds of nuts (like almond slices or pecans), fruit (peaches/cranberries), and cheese (parmesan shards, feta).  Enjoy!
p.s.  If you want the toffee recipe, go HERE.
* * * * *

1. November 12, 2012 / 12:09 pm

Hi Megan,
    Glad to see you back! The salad looks delicious!

Nancy W.

2. November 12, 2012 / 3:11 pm

I love spinach salads for my work lunches…I switch them up with almonds, mandarin oranges, dried cranberries, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, etc.! {I'm sure you earned the toffee by the way, no need to feel guilty!} xoxo http://www.styleoyster.blogspot.com / www/i-heartfitness.blogspot.com

3. November 12, 2012 / 4:11 pm

My husband and I get those salad cravings after we go out on the weekends. Nothing beats the way veggies make your body feel better after eating a bunch of junk!

4. November 12, 2012 / 10:28 pm

Yum! I love that type of salad. Glad you are doing better.

5. Courtney {a thoughtful place}
    November 13, 2012 / 3:31 am

That looks incredible. YUM! And your photography skills are off the hook!

6. December 7, 2012 / 3:54 am

Do you add a protein when you eat these? I would not want to but then maybe would feel hungry too fast…