Chocolate Protein Brownies

I posted this protein brownie recipe on Honey We’re Healthy awhile ago and it’s been such a hit, that I wanted to share it here too.  I make these all the time and eat them as snacks and my son loves them too.  The consistency is actually more like a cake, but you don’t have to feel guilty about eating this cake.  The recipe comes from Jamie Eason and I put in italics how I tweaked it.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup Oat Flour (I ground oats finely in a food processor)
  • 2 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (I used chocolate protein powder)
  • ½ tsp Baking Soda
  • ¼ tsp Salt
  • 3 tbsp Baking Cocoa
  • 4 Egg Whites
  • ½ cup Splenda (I leave out the sugar and add 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips)
  • 8oz Berry flavored Baby Food (I used 8oz applesauce)
  • 4oz Water
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Mix dry ingredients (oat flour, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa) together in a large bowl.
  • Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, applesauce, water) together in a medium sized bowl.
  • Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
  • Spray cooking dish (I used an 8×8 glass pan) with a non stick butter spray or olive oil spray and add batter to dish.
  • Bake for about 25-30 minutes

Nutrition

2 Bars = Calories 96;  Fat 1.4 g; Carbs 12 g;  Protein 10 g

I store mine in the fridge.  Hope you like!!

* * * * *

1. April 18, 2013 / 3:10 am

These look amazing! Do you think coconut flour would work okay instead of the oat flour?

2. Van
    April 18, 2013 / 3:23 am

These sound absolutely awesome. Gotta try 'em. Thanks for sharing this recipe 🙂

3. April 18, 2013 / 2:25 pm

Hi Megan,
    I usually just lurk and not comment but I wanted to say thank you…thank you! I have a gluten intolerance and have been trying to find a good protein bar recipe and these look amazing!

Jocelyn in the STL

4. April 18, 2013 / 10:32 pm

They sound super yummy. I would love to make them, but would hate to tempt our youngest who cannot have chocolate or whey. Thinking I might try tweaking this and see how it turns out.

5. June 4, 2013 / 8:15 pm

I see 2 bars=96 calories but what is the serving size for your bars?

6. June 13, 2013 / 10:38 pm

I love this recipe! I got all excited when I saw that you were going to be at Home Goods again, but then I realized that it was from the one in April. My friend, who had never been to a Home Goods, is hooked on them since I brought her that morning. Good times!!