Client Living Room E-Design

Recently a reader contacted me for some help with her living room, and I prepared a design board for her.  She wanted to keep her wall paint color and two sofas and ottoman, but was willing to part with the rug.  I just love the features in the room- soaring beamed ceilings, stone fireplace, big windows, and dark hardwood floors.  In fact, Jimmy and I seriously considered buying a house with a similar floor plan before deciding to build instead.  Client’s Room BEFORE image image DESIGN BOARD I prepared the board with three different rugs to give her a few choices and see how each one would change the look of the room.  #1 image I advised her to replace the “B” with the window pane mirror and place the console table behind the couch with a pair of lamps.  Adding a pair of accent chairs and table helped balance the space and break up the set of leather furniture while adding additional seating.  The drapes would be lined with the decorative trim (a little tip from A Well Dressed Home), which I kept neutral so that she could change out the colors of the accessories fairly easily.  Finally, if she wanted to add some dimension to the fireplace wall (which she indicated she was thinking of painting) I suggested doing a mild stencil and then adding a large mirror.  This was a fun project and I am so thrilled that she liked it!  I made sure to search for items that were affordable since we’re all on a budget these days:) #2 image #3 image *If you are interested in having me create a design board for you, please contact me for rates.  And speaking of design boards, Ten June graciously gifted one to me for our storage dump media room.  It’s a future space for my hubby to watch sports and play video games, and, like I told Michelle, do whatever it is men do in a large room full of electronics!  I think she’s going to post it on Tuesday:)  I really love her ideas (especially the colors!) Which board (rug) do like best, if at all??

1. March 15, 2011 / 3:11 am

I'm totally digging rug #3! #2 is definately a close second though. Nice work!

2. March 15, 2011 / 3:20 am

I like #2. If they want to sell their "B" I would consider buying it.

3. March 15, 2011 / 3:37 am

Wow this is really good..I would go with 1 or 3..totally different looks with the rugs..I would luve to see pics of what she does…
    Thanks for posting.
    Hugs,
    Jolyn

4. March 15, 2011 / 4:21 am

Look at all of you talented gals…design board extraordinaires!!! I love that room, and your boards are all great for it. I may need you to whip me one up!!!

5. March 15, 2011 / 5:20 am

All of those boards look great! I love the rug in #3!

6. March 15, 2011 / 5:47 am

I love rug #3 – the colours are gorgeous, especially for that space!

7. March 15, 2011 / 8:53 am

I think I too would most probably go with number 2!

8. March 15, 2011 / 9:48 am

LOVE #3!!! I'm so happy that your business is off to a great start! You are soo amazing! Blessings!

xoxo

9. March 15, 2011 / 10:18 am

Great job Megan! Stunning. I love #3, but all are beautiful.

10. March 15, 2011 / 10:31 am

stunning!!!!!!!!! now all you need is one of my paintings hanging on that wall!!!!!!!! xoxoxo

11. March 15, 2011 / 11:29 am

Totally loving that 3rd rug!!! Love all of the pillows on the couch to!

paula

12. March 15, 2011 / 12:15 pm

I'm so excited to hear you'll do design boards. I'm truly in love with every design aspect of your home. I'm struggling with my living room and my husband being SO picky! I will definitely need to reach out. I like the second board. Those blues will really pop with the wood. Great job!

13. March 15, 2011 / 3:10 pm

I actually love them all. I'm torn on the rugs, b/c I love the color of the second two…but I like the fact that the first one was neutral. For me, it would be more cost effective to go with the neutral, so I could change out accessories.

Great job! I love your style, Megan. 🙂

14. March 15, 2011 / 3:29 pm

All 3 are great but I love the rug in #3!

Any chance you'd share where you found those pillows, they are great.

15. March 15, 2011 / 4:06 pm

I'm loving this post it's the same direction I'm looking to go in my family room and I just found a rug like #3 and now I kind of get a feel for how it will look in my room!!!

16. March 15, 2011 / 4:23 pm

I just posted a new client board today, too!! AND we used a few of the same pieces!!

Great job!

17. March 15, 2011 / 6:18 pm

I love all three rooms! These designs will look beautiful in her room! My favorite is #1- I'm a sucker for seagrass rugs! 🙂

18. March 15, 2011 / 8:04 pm

#2! It will brighten up the room and will be the focal point… The other rugs are nice but will become "background" but #2 will look delicious…

19. Brigid
    March 15, 2011 / 8:14 pm

I love the 2nd rug. Love the pillow choices too!!!

20. March 15, 2011 / 8:52 pm

My favorite has to be the light blue rug – It gives of such a cozy and warm vibe 🙂

xoxo
    Jenna

21. Anonymous
    March 16, 2011 / 12:14 am

I like #1 and #3 the best. The light blue rug #2 with the heavy leather sofa bothers me. Maybe in person it might balance but they aren't mixing well for me online. Although I do like the rug itself. I am desiring for some of the pillows to have texture and not match. Otherwise cool room!

22. March 16, 2011 / 1:00 am

All of these are great. My favorite is #3. I think the rug is the most appropriate for the space! I love your blog! It's the best design blog i have found! Xoxo

23. March 16, 2011 / 1:51 am

love number 2! design boards are so much fun – always a great starting point for people!!! 🙂

24. March 16, 2011 / 3:59 am

I'm drawn toward #3. I think it pulls all of the elements together the best and unifies the space. All three looks are great though. It's amazing how simply changing out the rug can change the whole look.

25. March 16, 2011 / 2:40 pm

You did such a great job, they all look so good! I'm more drawn to number 1 & number 3. I love the layout of this room…it's so classic and casual.

26. March 16, 2011 / 5:12 pm

I like #3 best, and I love that round side table! Hopefully your client will send you some "after" pictures for you to share with us. I'm sure the room will look a lot cozier once your ideas are implemented.

27. March 17, 2011 / 2:26 am

Rug #2, and want to see some "after" shots, por favor!