If you’ve been following this blog for some time, you know I try to keep a pretty healthy diet and have been making efforts at cooking more. That having been said, I still have a HUGE sweet tooth, specifically, a love of chocolate, and baking is one of my favorite forms of cooking. I like to bake something every other week or so, or when the mood strikes, typically on the weekend. I’ll bring leftovers to my office so that my hubby and I don’t end up eating a whole pie or tray of something like these delicious dream bars. I couldn’t keep my fork out of this tray!
Adapted from Martha Stewart
For The Crust
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs (from about 20 crackers)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
For The Topping
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with a rack in the center of oven. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan and line with parchment paper; set aside.
- To make the crust: In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, and melted butter. Pour mixture into prepared pan and press into bottom of pan using your fingertips.
- To make the topping: In another medium bowl, mix together chips and coconut; sprinkle evenly over crust.
- Pour condensed milk evenly over coconut and chips, covering the entire surface. Transfer to oven and bake, rotating pan halfway through baking, making sure the milk does not get too brown or bubble over in the pan, 26 to 32 minutes.
- Transfer baking pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 20 squares. Serve immediately, or wrap each bar tightly with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Let's be friends!
Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!
YUM ! My mama made these for us growing up (without the butterscotch) and we always called them Magic Cookie Bars !!!
They do look yummy. I have an allergy to peanuts what do you think I could put instead of it?
My MIL makes these each year for us at Christmas. They are a favorite, especially of our oldest. She's been making them for years!! It's funny, ever since we quit bringing chocolate into the house due to our youngest's migraines, none of us really have a sweet tooth anymore! Fresh bread, that is a whole other story!! LOL
WHY did I click over today??! 😉 Those look really tasty. 🙂
Oh no you didn't!!! Now I'm hungry.
Oh my, these bars look delicious!!! I totally have a sweet tooth too. I'm constantly craving chocolate!! lol
OH no you didn't!! These look insanely good!! Like I need one now!! 🙂
well that's just rude to publish that picture!!! like i have any chance at not making them now?!?!?! my thighs are ticked at you 😉
Goodness gracious! These look so yummy. I want to make them but I'm afraid I'd eat every last square! Thanks for the recipe.
These look so good. Decadent! I have a sweet tooth myself and just might be baking these this evening. Maybe skip dinner and head straight to dessert!
Now i'm inspired 🙂
I make these ALL.THE.TIME! They are such a great success, everybody loves them, and they are super easy to do! I usually make them with just chocolate chips and some nuts (pecans or walnuts) and they are as good!
Holy hunk of heaven! These have me drooling already! Thanks for sharing… can't wait to try these out.