If you’ve been following this blog for some time, you know I try to keep a pretty healthy diet and have been making efforts at cooking more. That having been said, I still have a HUGE sweet tooth, specifically, a love of chocolate, and baking is one of my favorite forms of cooking. I like to bake something every other week or so, or when the mood strikes, typically on the weekend. I’ll bring leftovers to my office so that my hubby and I don’t end up eating a whole pie or tray of something like these delicious dream bars. I couldn’t keep my fork out of this tray!
Adapted from Martha Stewart
For The Crust
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs (from about 20 crackers)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
For The Topping
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with a rack in the center of oven. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan and line with parchment paper; set aside.
- To make the crust: In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, and melted butter. Pour mixture into prepared pan and press into bottom of pan using your fingertips.
- To make the topping: In another medium bowl, mix together chips and coconut; sprinkle evenly over crust.
- Pour condensed milk evenly over coconut and chips, covering the entire surface. Transfer to oven and bake, rotating pan halfway through baking, making sure the milk does not get too brown or bubble over in the pan, 26 to 32 minutes.
- Transfer baking pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 20 squares. Serve immediately, or wrap each bar tightly with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Let's be friends!
Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!