Thank you to Walmart+ for sponsoring today’s post
Hi friend! As I’m sure you can imagine, when we first moved into our new house, there were several take out meals, a pizza order and air fryer chicken nuggets on the menu before I made my first home cooked meal. And let me tell you, I’ve been dying to cook in our new kitchen!
Once we got settled, the first thing I made was banana bread. I’ve been craving the comfort of warm banana bread with dark chocolate chips as a healthier sweet treat, and I’m excited to share the recipe with you! I’ve made this several times and it’s super easy, DELICIOUS! and foolproof.
HEALTHY BANANA BREAD
*gluten free, refined sugar free
CLICK HERE TO PRINT THE RECIPE
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup dates (tightly packed/seeds removed- equals about 3/4 cup date paste)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tblsp almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup GF flour (I used almond flour)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cardamom (optional, I didn’t use it)
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- pinch of sea salt
*Original recipe by Annie Jaffrey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make date paste by adding 1 heaping cup of tightly packed dates to a food processor or blender and a splash of water and blend until the dates are smooth and creamy
- Add bananas to a large bowl and mash with a fork
- Add in all wet ingredients (coconut oil, date paste, almond milk, egg, vanilla extract)
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (almond flour, oats, walnuts, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, dark chocolate chips, sea salt)
- Gently stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
- Grease pan with coconut oil or line with parchment paper
- Place mixture inside and bake for about 60 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and top is golden brown)
- Remove from tin and let cool on a baking rack for about 30 minutes, slice and enjoy!
Even though it will smell so good and you’ll be tempted to dig in right away, if you don’t give the bread about 30 minutes to rest, it will fall apart on you.
Those are minor details and I can tell you I haven’t always had the will to wait!
I swear this banana bread is so moist and delicious. You won’t miss any of the refined sugar because the sweetness from the bananas, dates, and chocolate chips really satisfy and you get that salty kick from the pinch of sea salt.
One thing I did before we moved was try to eat up most of the food in our fridge and not buy any extras that we’d have to move. I will say, we did a good job because our fridge was pretty bare by moving day!
But, to make things easier, I ordered my groceries to be delivered at 11 am on move day so that we’d have fresh groceries ready for us!
If you haven’t tried the Walmart+ membership yet, I highly recommend it! You’ll be able to order your groceries online and have them delivered to your door for free at the same prices as in store ($35 order min. and restrictions apply)!
With Walmart+, you can: (1) shop online and get Walmart+ FREE shipping, with no order minimum on items from Walmart.com (excludes most Marketplace items, location & freight surcharges); (2) get fresh , high quality groceries delivered from your store to your door for FREE at the same price as in store ($35 minimum, restrictions apply); (3) shop inside the store with the mobile scan & go benefit in the Walmart app for a contact free checkout; and (4) get member prices on fuel.
Let's be friends!
Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!
You can sign up for Walmart+ HERE.
I’ve been ordering my groceries online and it keeps me from making those impulse purchases that tend to happen when you’re inside the store.
Isn’t that bunny cake stand too cute?! I got it at Walmart too! You can order things besides groceries with your Walmart+ membership too!
Are you ready to made this banana bread?! I promise it will become a favorite! Jordan loves it as much as I do! If you want to see more of our new house, you can find a home tour here.
And if you’re not a Walmart+ member yet, give it a try for 30 days FREE here!
Shop the Post
If you are reading via email, click here for shoppable images
CLICK HERE TO PRINT THE RECIPE
Have a fantastic day friend!
Do you tip on the walmart home deliveries?
I always do! They are typically door dash drivers, and not Walmart employees, so they’re not making a wage without tips.
Megan, your new is absolutely beautiful! There is nothing more exciting than to buy a new home and put all the finishing touches on it, which you have done. I am still trying to twist my husbands arm to start ordering our groceries from Walmart, hopefully he will give in soon. ☺️
Sending blessings and best wishes to you and your little family in your new home. ?
Can you substitute raisins for the dates and use whole wheat flour?????????????
Delish! Amazing recipe!
The best blog for food recipes!