Hi friends! After weeks of healthy meal prep and getting in shape for Florida, I was really craving a sweet treat the other night. I was going to make banana nut bread with dark chocolate chips, but when I pulled out my recipe binder, the recipe for Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars looked too good to resist! Never mind that it was about 9 p.m., but at least it was the weekend!
My friend Jessica served this dessert after dinner when she and her hubby had Brian and I over for dinner one night. She served it hot with a side of ice cold vanilla ice cream and it was so delicious! I had to ask her for the recipe and I made it around the holidays last year. But, I haven’t had that combo of decadent hot chocolate pecan pie bars and creamy vanilla ice cream in a long time!
I had all the ingredients I needed on hand, and all of them can be found at Walmart. And, if you’re need things super quick, you can pay a $10 Express Delivery charge (as a Walmart+ member, they waive the delivery fee) and get your items right away. That’s what you choose when you have a serious sweet tooth and MUSTHAVEITNOW!
Usually, I opt for the ‘need it soon’ option, and as a Walmart+ member I get free delivery from my store the same day with my $35 minimum order.
Or, you can choose to get your items tomorrow with free shipping and no order minimum. Just be sure to select Walmart+ eligible products, excluding freight and Marketplace items.
And, did you know that the free delivery from your Walmart store isn’t just for groceries? You can choose from almost anything they sell in the store. So, if you’re looking for a convenient one-stop shop, you can also add to your cart that birthday present, pet toy, computer charger, or whatever else you need!
Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Here’s what it looks like right out of the oven! And your house will smell amazing!!
There’s two parts to this recipe, the crust and the filling. The crust is super easy to make, and requires just three ingredients. While the crust is baking, you can prepare the filling.
To make the crust:
To make the filling:
- 3 large Eggs
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Corn Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoon melted Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Chopped Pecans
- 1 3/4 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 9 x 12 pan and set aside.
- For the crust: Combine flour, brown sugar, and softened butter in a medium sized bowl and beat with an electric mixer until crumbly. Press evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling by whisking together the eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla, corn syrup, and melted butter in a medium sized bowl.
- Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour the filling over the top of the baked, warm crust.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the filling is set.
- Allow to cool completely on wire rack before cutting into bars.
Then, this is optional, but not really! Serve it warm with cold Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream on top! Are you already drooling?! I’ve linked all the ingredients you need to make the recipe and if you everything delivered to your doorstep so you can make it tonight, go HERE to start your FREE Walmart+ trial! Enjoy!
*original recipe by Belle of the Kitchen
CLICK THE PHOTOS BELOW TO SHOP
if you’re reading this via email, click through to my blog to see the shoppable photos
Have a fantastic day friends!
*Thank you to Walmart+ for sponsoring today’s post.