Hi friend! I’m so excited to bring to into our Favorite Things Party this year! I feel like I’m still recovering! It was our best party yet, with the most people, and the best gifts! It was also the loudest and first time we had a table collapse and wine glass break! Pure party chaos!
My friend Ali-Shaun and I have been hosting this Favorite Things party for 5 years, and it’s become something we all really look forward to. It’s girls only, we wear pajamas, make it pot luck, and exchange gifts.
The best part is just getting together and catching up. There are some friends that I don’t get to see on a regular basis, but I know I’ll get to see them at the party. It’s awesome to get to hang at a house party where everyone is relaxed because they’re in their cozies and most of us have kids at the same school- so we already share that common bond.
And this year, I was happy to include some new friends (moms from my daughter’s kindergarten class)!
The party started at 6:30 and the last guests left around midnight!
FAVORITE THINGS PARTY 2021
As you can see, this was a big, fun group! We always take a group photo at the end of the night and I still giggle when I look back at them all!
I’ve mentioned before that we try to keep this party as low stress as possible, so all I had to do was prepare the gift bags, make a couple of things to eat, set out the wine station, and tidy the house.
The holiballs are such a fun addition to the holiday decor. They’re inflatable ornaments that you can use and reuse year after year. Once they’re inflated, they stay full for at least 90 days. And when you deflate them, they fold up to a compact size for easy storage.
KC • Jamie • Melissa
Our party is always potluck so that all of the food and drinks don’t fall on one person.
This year, the ladies brought so much good food and a lot of wine! Of course, Rhonda brought her famous Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies! The printable recipe is HERE.
I made chocolate covered toffee and it’s hard to eat just a couple of pieces! I’ll share the recipe with you next week, it’s actually really easy to make!
Everyone brought wine too and having this wet bar is really handy for parties.
THE SELFIE STATION
Let me tell you what was a big hit this year and so much fun – the selfie station.
This was Ali-Shaun’s idea and she set up a ring light that had a remote and propped her cell phone inside for anyone to take pictures with. It was so funny to see what photos were on her phone later!
Stephanie • Courtney • Kelly • Manuela • Tara • Shannon • Christina • Meghann
Marianna • Tarah • Angela
Kindergarten Moms: Mari • Jenny • Karen • Kasie • Me, Leah, where are you??
Leah • Bridget
Liz • Kelly • Shannon
Traci • Erin • Kasie • Angela
Rhonda • Tarah • Ali-Shaun
Upon arrival, each guest dropped off their wrapped bag and then wrote their name on 3 slips of paper and dropped them in a bowl.
When it was time to exchange gifts, we all drew numbers. These numbers determine the order we present our gifts.
Once we all have a number, Person Number 1 goes up and explains her gift, where she got it and WHY it’s her favorite thing.
She then picks THREE names out of the bowl. Those three people get Person Number 1’s gift. If you draw your own name or if you draw the same person twice – you put that name back and draw again.
So, everyone comes with 3 gifts and leaves with 3 gifts.
For extra fun, we also did a few door prizes and drew names for additional gifts.
If you caught any of the party on Stories (& it’s saved to a highlight), the party was
LOUD, full of cheer!
2021 FAVORITE THINGS
Without further ado, here is what everyone brought this year! The gifts are supposed to be under $30, but some people got lucky and caught a sale!
3) Kasie • This mom of three boys (including Jordan’s “boyfriend” Jonah) has a strong determination to feed her family, healthy home-cooked meals and she said the Define Dish Cookbooks are where she gets most of her recipes. She even earmarked all her favorites for us!
4 & 5) Megan • You guys already know this Vase & Tulips ranks as one of my favorite purchases, so how could I not include it this year?! The tulips feel so real and really hold up and the vase reminds me of something found at Serena & Lily!
9) Erin • She saw these Mosquito Fans in action on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills during a backyard dinner party, so she had to try them for herself. She was amazed at how well they worked from 3 feet away, and that’s saying something for the bugs in Houston!
Erin is a cosmetic nurse at the Institute of Anti-Aging in Houston and gifted one lucky winner the TNS Advanced Serum that she swears is a miracle worker for your skin! Go see her if you’re in Houston, she’s done botox on me and my mom with gentle, natural looking results.
11) Manuela • What do you get the girl that has everything? A Happy Everything plate! You can add any sign to the plate for whatever occasion you’re celebrating.
12) Leslie • I was SO happy to receive the Gym Hair (shown below) and an Oil Diffuser. The cool thing about this one is that it can be attached to your smart phone and you can schedule it to turn on!
13) Ali-Shaun • How cute and fun is this Retro Bluetooth Radio! Leave it to Ali-Shaun to find one of the best gifts of the night!
1) Meghann B • This is Megan’s favorite Madewell wallet that she herself uses! It has card slots on the inside for keeping your cards organized, and is big enough to hold a phone as well.
2) Jamie • If you know my friend Jamie, then you know her love of Consuella bags runs deep! This year she brought the Consuela Slim Zip Pouch. Super handy for traveling and so cute!
3) Marianna • Here’s one of those useful gifts you simply can’t live without. This Sunglass Holder is so handy for traveling with your glasses. It stores five pair of glasses, making it easy to pack and not having to worry about them breaking.
4) Traci • This Switch to Pure beauty set is the perfect gift for a teacher or girlfriend. This travel size set includes a heart shaped sponge, face roller, sheet mask, and travel size soap bar.
5) Tarah V • Here’s a fun new clutch purse! The Christina Green Box Clutch purse is acrylic and comes with a crossbody chain. Totally different and very elegant!
Let's be friends!
Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!
6) KC & Angela • This bag was so good it was brought by two friends! The Lululemon Belt Bag is so versatile for moms on the go! You can wear it around your waist or across the chest for a different look.
8) Leslie • The Gym Hair Essential Oil is added to your hair after your workout. It is not a dry shampoo, but instead, an oil that is rubbed into the scalp to cleanse your hair in between washes. I can’t wait to try it!
9) Courtney Barton • You may have seen Courtney in my Shop Small Stories. If you’re in Houston, definitely stop by her store! We always love seeing what she brings to the party and this year she didn’t disappoint with the Scented Linen Spray (seen below) & Morrocan Lipstick that changes shades based on your body temperature.
10) Tisha • This was one of the favorites of the party! Everyone wanted to win the Face Steamer. Its great for all skin types and it helps detox your skin.
11 & 12) Ashley • If you’ve ever tried the Makeup Eraser, then you know how easy it is to wipe makeup from your face with just water! Ashley also included her favorite Mascara Primer and guess what? It’s the one I’m using now too!
13) Mari • Our gorgeous friend Mari is a talented makeup artist in Houston and has her own line of cosmetics. She gifted her Foundation and was able to skin match the winners to their perfect shade! She also did my makeup for the party!
1) Kelly • One of our most fashionable friends brought this Belt. Not only is it unique and beautifully made, it supports small business women in Kenya!
2) Martha • I always love hearing about products that others are loving. This Shea Butter Hand Cream smells amazing and I can’t wait to try it!
3) Courtney Barton • This was the companion gift, a Scented Linen Spray. This feels so luxurious, why am I not doing this?!
5) Erin • I loved the style of these Square Huggie Earrings by Gorjana. Very cool
6) Andrea • Our friend Andrea swears by this laundry service by thefolde.com. The cost is per bag of clothes, you can fill it as full as you want and they will pick up and deliver the next day!
7) Gina • I’ve had this Margarita Mix by A Casa and let me just tell you, they are delicious! You won’t regret this purchase for your next Taco Tuesday. 😉
8) Shannon • Supporting small business is easy with these amazing products by XOXO by Tracy. Her XOXO by Tracy Lip Kit includes the most beautiful lip shades and you can use code: myfavoritethings20 for 20% off! Thank you Tracy!
10) Karen • Leave it to Joanna Gaines to make the sweetest Magnolia Earrings.
11) Tiffany & Jenny • A gift so good that two gals brought it- the Capri Candle! I’ve given and received it as gifts in the past too! EVERYONE loves the clean scent!
12) Elizabeth • This was one of the most unique gifts of the night. This Embroidery Kit from Stitch Bitch Basics is so fun. So many humorous ways to express yourself with this kit. 😉
Shop the Post
If you’re reading via email, click here to see the shoppable links
Below is a list of sales (and discount codes) for the weekend!
Abercrombie • Up to 25% off select styles + FREE ship on orders over $75
Anthropologie • Up to 40% off sale items + FREE ship on orders over $50
BackCountry • Up to 60% off Holiday Shopping
Express • 30% to 50% off everything
Hespera • 30% off everything, code MEGAN30 *one-time use
GAP • Up to 50% off all active wear and sweats
Gibson • Use code HONEY15 for 15% off sitewide
JCrew • Up to 50% of sale styles
Kendra Scott • 15% off one style | 20% off two styles | 30% off three styles
LOFT • Up to 50% off your purchase, use code: COZY
Madewell • 20% off your purchase with code: HOLLYJOLLY
Old Navy • Up to 60% off storewide sale
I hope you enjoyed this peek into our Favorite Things Party! Weren’t the gifts really unique and cool this year? I’m bookmarking this post for future gift ideas myself.
I wish you could have been at the party too. I did my best to recap it, while still living in the moment during the party. We only do this once a year, although I really think a Christmas in July party would be fun too!
Have you hosted or been to a Favorite Things Party? How’d it go? Did y’all exchange gifts the same way?
Have a fantastic weekend friend!