Handmade Mother’s Day Cards

As a new mom, I know how meaningful it can be to hear the genuine words, “You’re doing a good job”.  Those simple words can bring me to tears, given the day.  So, I wanted to let some of my favorite mamas know I think THEY are doing a great job.  I mentioned the other day that I was inspired to create handmade mother’s day cards because when Nancy and Laurel brought hand-crafted gifts for us to the blogger meetup, the feeling was conveyed that they cared enough and took the time to create something with their hands for us.  I so appreciated that and wanted to pass it on. image The cards aren’t fancy or elaborate, just simple little notes with a heartfelt message.  I made them with cardstock and embellished them with ribbon, Japanese tape, stickers, rhinestones, and hole punches.  I had fun personalizing each card for the specific recipient.  image image image image image image I hope y’all have a wonderful Mother’s Day!

1. May 4, 2011 / 5:08 am

I knew you would find a great use for that Japanese tape! And you're so right about the power of the "you're doing a good job" phrase. Especially when you have a one year old. Especially when you have a 3 year old. I guess always… 🙂

2. May 4, 2011 / 6:02 am

You made such lovely mother's day cards. Any recipient will be happy to receive this. By the way, I really like the punch hole effect!

I hope you have a fabulous Mother's Day, too!

Jessie

3. Courtney {a thoughtful place}
    May 4, 2011 / 4:41 am

Megan, those are beautiful. That takes a lot of work. I think it's so special to make something with love. Any mom would be so happy to receive one of those.

4. Elsa
    May 4, 2011 / 5:05 am

The cards look fantastic, you did such a good job! Handmade cards are my favorite, J always makes cards for special occasions or just 'cause…they're not as pretty as yours, but they're the ones that bring a huge smile to my face.

5. natasha {schue love}
    May 4, 2011 / 5:36 am

Your mother's day cards are adorable! It's such a nice touch to receive something homemade!

6. natasha {schue love}
    May 4, 2011 / 5:36 am

7. May 4, 2011 / 10:58 am

Just beautiful, and so thoughtful. It is always nice to receive a homemade card/gift, as it shows the love and care someone put into making your day special. I miss those finger painted cards from the girls preschool days!

8. Andrea
    May 4, 2011 / 6:07 am

I love the handmade touch! those are my fave gifts to give!

Great job!

9. Michaela
    May 4, 2011 / 7:09 am

I love your cards! Hand made cards are my favorite- to give and receive (: I have those same flower stickers you used!

10. May 4, 2011 / 12:15 pm

I need to step out of my comfort zone and be more creative! Adorable cards!!

11. May 4, 2011 / 12:58 pm

love the cards- how thoughtful. love the blog and really, really love your closet 🙂

12. May 4, 2011 / 2:12 pm

hello, mommy 'overachiever'! LOL! You did good momma, those are so fun and heartfelt…and I thought I was doin good to get to the darn store to buy one…hmmm….I may need to re think. =) xoxo shel

13. Wendy
    May 4, 2011 / 11:15 am

each one is beautiful – happy mother day!

14. May 4, 2011 / 5:05 pm

I think they're lovely cards. It's always uplifting to hear you're doing a good job, especially from a husband!

15. May 4, 2011 / 5:12 pm

Very cute! I'm sure the moms in your life will love the thoughtful touch. I really need to get cracking on my mothers day cards!

16. Amanda
    May 4, 2011 / 2:05 pm

love those!!! girl you did an awesome job!!

17. Ricki
    May 4, 2011 / 6:10 pm

What beautiful cards!

18. Chassity (Look Linger Love)
    May 4, 2011 / 7:46 pm

Those are gorgeous Megan. You must have put a lot of time and thought into those, and whoever receives will be so thankful!

19. Allison
    May 4, 2011 / 10:37 pm

Those are really beautiful cards, Megan. I think it's always so special to receive something handmade that time, care and thought has gone into. You found the perfect use for your Japanese tapes!

20. emily
    May 5, 2011 / 2:10 am

Those are beautiful! I am sure whoever receives those will be thrilled. I would totally frame one of them!

21. Nancy W
    May 5, 2011 / 7:05 pm

You did a great job on the cards Megan! So glad that you made them cards as I do feel that handmade gifts/cards are truly appreciated. I am working on my cards now and on decorations for our Mom's day gathering that I am hosting for the "moms" in my life. Will be sure to post photos on the blog! Hugs from Conroe, TX!

22. November 23, 2012 / 6:49 am

these are beautiful..whoever receive it will be thrilled..i think if use Gift Card envelopes for it it would be more worthy.