This first look is with a simple necklace, peep toe booties and puffer vest, but I wanted to give you a look at how the dress looks without the vest first so you could see it better.
Striped Sweater Dress $119, $59.99 w FREE shipping
& Similar for Less
| Opaque Tights 25% off
| Beaded Layered Necklace | Similar Quilted Crossbody Bag
$20 | Similar Booties 40% off
A closed-toe booties is a great alternative to a traditional pump with your tights and dresses.
I loved this layered beaded necklace so much, I got it in three colors!
Striped Sweater Dress $119, $59.99 w FREE shipping & Similar for Less | Opaque Tights 25% off | Beaded Layered Necklace | Similar Quilted Crossbody Bag $20 | Similar Booties 40% off
Now let’s get right to our All Girls’ Favorite Things Party that was seriously so fun and y’all had lots of questions about! The way we did it was everyone brought three of their favorite things, wraped or unwrapped (up to $25 value). When it was time to exchange gifts, each person drew a number (1-15 for how many of us attended to see who would go first, second, etc.)
When it was your turn, you got up front and explained what you brought, why it was your favorite thing, etc. Each person had written their name three times and placed it in a bowl, so the person giving their gift drew three names from that bowl to see who to give their gift to. If they drew one person’s name twice, they just put it back into the bowl.
At the end, if you wanted to trade, you were free to do so! Oh, we also had 3 door prizes that we gave out randomly throughout the night. We had everyone put their name in a bowl when they entered the party and drew from that!
We had a gift bag ready witheveryone’s name on it so they could put their gifts in it to take home.
One of my best girls and I hosted the Favorite Things party together and we made it potluck style so everyone brought a lite bite or something to drink.
I wore a dress from Loft but I think it’s sold out. This one is similar and these red heels are fun!
I made a naked cake and found this video tutorial
really helpful since my cake decorating skills can use all the help they can get! I also made these Southwestern style pinwheels
that were so yummy, but didn’t stand up to make the Christmas tree as I planned (I think I rolled them too small). Baked brie
was also a hit! I make mine with brown sugar, butter and walnuts and serve with crackers and sliced green apples.
And onto everyone’s favorite things!
Anthropologie Capri Blue Iridescent Jar Candle
‘Volcano’ Fragrance – I’m obsessed with this candle! It comes in the prettiest metallic jar and truly smells wonderful- lit or unlit. I find that most people won’t spend the money to invest in a truly wonderful candle because it seems so indulgent, so they make great gifts.
Pottery Barn Candle
– I couldn’t find the exact one brought to the party online, but it was so pretty in a glass jar with plaid decoration on it, similar to these (extra 25% off with code FRIEND)
Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer
– The awesome thing about these lip balms is that they have a bit of color to them. Two ladies added this to their gifts, so it must be popular!
– These were popular with several people for great colors and long-lasting gloss. Can’t beat 25% off for the set either and cute packaging! The color Deelight
was also brought and is great for wearing alone as a way to add sheen to naked lips or over your lip color.
– My girlfriend Kim brought her favorite lipstick, which is a nuetral nude color I’ve been wearing forever. It’s called ‘Cherish’. She also brought Rebel
, which is a plum I need to try! Y’all know my go-to red is Brave Red
by MAC. It’s the best true red and MAC lipstick has no funky smell or taste.
Glass Icicle Ornaments
– I brought this set of 24 stunning icicle ornaments. They are artist designed and hand crafted and come in 3 sizes (7, 9, and 11 inches). I loved them so much, I ordered a second set for our own tree.
EBags Packing Cubes
– This was another hot and useful gift item that my friend swears by for keeping her kids and their things organized when they travel. They say they are truly revolutionary because they not only keep everything separate and compact, but also are great for putting dirty clothes in once you’re at your destination. They come in lots of fun colors too!
Teavana PerfectTea Maker
& White Chocolate Peppermint Tea
– I was one of the lucky recipients of this tea maker and loose leaf tea and I’m smitten! I’m definitely a coffee maker, but I can’t drink it past 2 or 3 pm, or it will mess with my sleep. In the afternoon, if I want a slight pick-me-up or something warm to drink, a cup of hot tea is perfect. The whole ritual of heating your water and having the tea steep has a beautifully peaceful and calming effect.
Last, but not least, Silicone Breast Petals
– you can stick these right over your chest or wear under your super thin bras to avoid a headlight situation. They are washable and won’t show under your clothes.
It really was a great girlfriend night and we’re already planning another next year! We may all wear pajamas next time!
I saw some things I’ve worn lately on major markdown, along with more things that caught my eye! These stores are ready for you with their sales and discounts this weekend!
Cozy Cowl Neck Sweater XS (40% off)
seen in this Leggings & Boots post
This tunic is a closet staple because it’s long enough to wear with leggings, can also be tucked in or layered with sweaters and cardigans. It comes in a million colors, but runs large, so size down one.
Nothing worse than cold, achy feet! Now that it’s cold out, I’m reaching for my UGGS quite often! These quality boots are pricey, so getting them on sale is a bonus! They make a great gift for Mom!
These boots are niiiiice! I’ve learned with a past pair of UGGs how well they are made and how comfortable they are. They come right to my knee These have that classic UGG shearling, so they are perfect for cold/winter days.
These are perfect everyday earrings that you can wear around a baby, at work, or even on date night.
Let's be friends!
Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!
Cubic Zirconia Teardrop Earrings price matched $50, $37.50
If I’m wearing a statement necklace, I like to keep my earrings on the minimal side. These drop earrings add a little bit of bling, but don’t compete with the necklace.
This necklace is one of my most-worn pieces of jewelry in my closet. Whenever it goes on sale, I have to let you know! It’s delicate and petite, and perfectly simple. It’s also versatile enough to be layered with other necklaces.
ANN TAYLOR | 40% off full priced styles, code SHOP40
ANTHROPOLOGIE | 30% off all clothing, FREE ship $150+
FOREVER 21 | 30% off holiday faves
GAP | Up to 50% off everything, extra 25% off your purchase, code EXTRA
LOFT | 40% off everything, code STYLEEVENT
If you’re suddenly realizing there’s only 17, 16, 15! more sleeps (THIS is the weekend to get it done friends!), until Christmas, check out these posts for gift ideas! ?
Have a great day!