Kids’ Valentine Craft – Personalized Gift Bags

My son’s preschool class will be having a Valentine’s party and, over the weekend, we completed a quick, inexpensive Valentine craft for the kiddos.  We made personalized gift bags for everyone with muslin bags, an ink stamp, and red marker.  I got these 4×6 bags at Amazon (25 for $5).
I figured there will be plenty of sweets (I’m bringing cookies) at the party, so we filled the bags with goodies instead- bubbles, kazoo, and foam heart sticker.

We got a little off track while stamping the bags . . .
But that’s part of the fun, right?!  The ink washed right off with soap and water.
I used a red sharpie to write each child’s name.  (I put a piece of paper in the bag so the ink wouldn’t bleed through while I was writing).  Then stuffed each bag.
I hope they like them!
Each child is supposed to decorate a shoebox to collect their Valentines in.  I wrapped James’ box with red polka dot paper left over from Christmas (from The Container Store).

Let's be friends!

Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!

To personalize the box, I spray painted mini chip board letter and James stuck them on.  He also added the red heart stickers.
I think we’re ready for the party!
* * * * *

1. February 11, 2013 / 1:02 pm

I am a preschool teacher and love it when parents get creative! I have ALWAYS had my own children do homemade valentines and love your bag idea!!
    ~Kim

2. February 11, 2013 / 3:51 pm

SO cute! Every V-day I get nostalgic remembering decorating a shoebox and cutting the little slot in it so that valentine's could be delivered to our "mailboxes" on our little desks. Oh and I stole your v-day nails on instagram and did mine up this weekend too. 😉

3. February 11, 2013 / 4:59 pm

how adorable! way to go mom 😉 xoxo

4. February 11, 2013 / 5:24 pm

Really cute! As a former Kindergarten teacher I would appreciate you not giving the kiddos more candy or sugar. Sweet idea!

5. February 11, 2013 / 5:31 pm

Those are too cute! How fun those Valentine's Day school parties were. The kids are going to love these little baggies – and your handwriting on them looks perfect.

6. Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers}
    February 11, 2013 / 12:31 pm

These look so cute Megan! Now I feel sad about Sterling's Valentines. I did make homemade pretzels but the cards are Scooby Doo store bought(lame, right?! Pinning this idea for next year!

7. Kasey McCoy
    February 11, 2013 / 1:06 pm

Thanks for sharing! Such a cute idea for a kids party. My son's preschool class will also be having a party and I have been searching for idea on little things to create vs the standard box of cards.

8. February 11, 2013 / 7:58 pm

So cute! And, I know the moms will appreciate that it isn't all candy!!

9. February 11, 2013 / 8:56 pm

These are really adorable! I also love that you didn't just fill them with candy. Great project.

10. Courtney {a thoughtful place}
    February 11, 2013 / 6:07 pm

These are so sweet. I love this time of year with the kiddos and watching them get so excited about the Valentines.

11. February 12, 2013 / 1:20 am

Adorable! Wish I had thought of these for my twins' class party. Great idea!
    Susan (simplymodernhome.com)

12. {Hi Sugarplum!}
    February 11, 2013 / 7:30 pm

those are so so cute! love his polka dot box. wait, that sounded weird. We decorated S's box this weekend, too. Wow, even weirder. 😉

13. Carmel @ Our Fifth House
    February 12, 2013 / 2:21 am

love that owl stamp – these are so cute!

14. February 12, 2013 / 12:55 pm

Oh, these are darling! And reasonably priced, too! They'd be cute for an advent calendar, wouldn't they? Thanks for sharing, Megan.

15. February 12, 2013 / 6:28 pm

Ooooo, these are as sweet as can be! We did construction paper and candy, but this will be the project next year for sure! Thanks for sharing!

16. Jen @ RamblingRenovators
    February 12, 2013 / 9:40 pm

Those are adorable. Even better that James can get a bit messy with it!