Hi friends! It’s been absolutely glorious COOLer weather here and everyone is Houston seems to be cherishing these days and is in an awesome mood! We sweat our balls off all summer long, so when a cool front hits we are ridiculously giddy! Soccer games are more enjoyable, we can run our errands without sweating, and we get to break out the SCARVES!! See how happy I am?!?! Smiling with all my teeth showing! Ha! Might as well show them off after all those years of braces! #thanksGrandma!
My usual fashion/style Wardrobe Wednesday series will be moving to Tuesdays for the next six weeks while I participate in the One Room Challenge that starts tomorrow! I hope you come back to see what room we’re redoing in just six weeks! I’m sure you regular reader friends can probably guess. 😉 And I really hope I can actually pull it off! Because I’m seriously not sure.
But onto today’s Tuesday Wardrobe, I’m sharing some of my favorite (super easy) ways to tie a scarf. Since I tend to wear a lot of neutrals and solid colors, I like to dress up my outfit with a fun patterned or colorful scarf. Neutral is nice and I am a fan of the monochromatic look, but a pop of color can make the outfit more interesting.
I have three go-to ways to wear a scarf that I’m showing you today: 1) Loop Style; 2) Infinity Style; and 3) Around the Neck. Let’s go!
1 :: LOOP STYLE
A loop style scarf is probably the first way I learned to tie a scarf and I like this one because it adds volume around the neck, but you can also see the length hanging down.
1. Fold the scarf lengthwise and drape it around the back of your neck. 2. Pull the two ends through the loop at the closed end. 3. Center the knot to your chest and adjust the ends as necessary.
2 :: INFINITY STYLE
The infinity style scarf became so popular that many brands sell the scarf already sewn in the infinity loop. But, you can wear a regular scarf infinity style too.
1. Pull the scarf lengthwise around the back of your neck. 2. Tie a knot at the end of the scarf (the closet to the end the better, so there’s not a lot of scarf fabric hanging out). 3. Twist the scarf in the middle and pull it over your head. 4. Tuck in any pieces that are loose from the knot so they don’t show. 5. Fluff to achieve the desired look.
3 :: AROUND THE NECK
The Around the Neck style is similar to the Loop Style, but instead of there being a knot in the middle, each side hangs loose.
1. Pull the scarf lengthwise around the back of your neck.
2. Wrap one side of the scarf around your neck.
3. Adjust the length of the front of the scarf until they’re roughly even and pull the neck park forward so you’re not choking!
Let's be friends!
Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!
I hope these tips and visual steps on how to tie a scarf are helpful! I know someone had to teach me!