Z Gallerie Jett Desk

I get a lot of questions about the Z Gallerie Jett Desk in my office.  Yes, I love it and would definitely purchase it again.  It’s sleek and clean looking and has a large surface area (57W x 30D x 32H).

One minor inconvenience is the bar on the shelf underneath.  I have hit my knees on it occasionally, and, I like to put my bare feet up there, but the sharp edges aren’t very comfy.

I found an inexpensive, quick solution by putting a piece of pipe insulation over it.  So much better!

The bar/shelf can be used to store magazines or books like below.
via Lonny
If you want to see more images of similar desks, check out my Office Pinterest board

* * * * *

1. April 4, 2013 / 12:46 pm

I have always loved your office (and the rest of your house too!). Do you have any advice for decorating an office at work? I have a good sized office and I want to bring in more personal items without it looking too "homey" or unprofessional.

2. April 4, 2013 / 12:52 pm

I love that desk and ordered it in the espresso color since my husband is the one that uses the office most of the time. Unfortunately, it came in broken. 🙁 I found a new desk right away, but I still love the Jett desk.

3. April 4, 2013 / 4:55 pm

I love my Jett desk too!! Agree however, watch the knees!!!

4. April 4, 2013 / 5:54 pm

i've always loved that desk…but cant buy it for my space because i need to have my assistant sitting beside me, so a longer desk works best.
    I used to own that same chair…loved it. The idea with the insulation piece is so cool..better for posture im sure.

Madebygirl.blogspot.com
    MadeByGirl.com

5. April 4, 2013 / 9:53 pm

I love your style and your other honeywerehealthy blog. I silently read every post. Great writting and beautiful pictures!

6. April 5, 2013 / 12:35 am

Oh I didn't know you could use the bottom ledge as a shelf! Very cool!

7. April 5, 2013 / 3:37 pm

Love this! I'm in need of a new desk and this could be THE ONE!
    Thanks!
    Susan
    simplymodernhome.com

8. May 14, 2013 / 12:14 pm

Your office desk is, indeed, beautiful. It matches well with the other white details in the room. But, what I like to say is that you're brilliant! 🙂 Putting a pipe insulation over the desk shelf was a very smart move. It now has a dual purpose – a storage and a relaxing feature all at the same time. Nice one, Megan!

Clayton Steadham

9. September 16, 2014 / 9:26 pm

I really love this desk but I've been debating buying it for ages simply because I'm worried that I will constantly hit my knees on the shelf. Do you know if it is removable?

Thanks!
    Beautiful office!

V
    Life+1

• September 16, 2014 / 10:47 pm

I think you could put remove that shelf- the Z Gallerie delivery company assembled mine, but I don't think that shelf is supporting the table.