Z Gallerie Jett Desk

I get a lot of questions about the Z Gallerie Jett Desk in my office.  Yes, I love it and would definitely purchase it again.  It’s sleek and clean looking and has a large surface area (57W x 30D x 32H).

One minor inconvenience is the bar on the shelf underneath.  I have hit my knees on it occasionally, and, I like to put my bare feet up there, but the sharp edges aren’t very comfy.

I found an inexpensive, quick solution by putting a piece of pipe insulation over it.  So much better!

The bar/shelf can be used to store magazines or books like below.

Let's be friends!

Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!

via Lonny
If you want to see more images of similar desks, check out my Office Pinterest board

* * * * *

1. April 4, 2013 / 12:46 pm

I have always loved your office (and the rest of your house too!). Do you have any advice for decorating an office at work? I have a good sized office and I want to bring in more personal items without it looking too "homey" or unprofessional.

2. April 4, 2013 / 12:52 pm

I love that desk and ordered it in the espresso color since my husband is the one that uses the office most of the time. Unfortunately, it came in broken. 🙁 I found a new desk right away, but I still love the Jett desk.

3. April 4, 2013 / 4:55 pm

I love my Jett desk too!! Agree however, watch the knees!!!

4. April 4, 2013 / 5:54 pm

i've always loved that desk…but cant buy it for my space because i need to have my assistant sitting beside me, so a longer desk works best.
    I used to own that same chair…loved it. The idea with the insulation piece is so cool..better for posture im sure.

Madebygirl.blogspot.com
    MadeByGirl.com

5. April 4, 2013 / 9:53 pm

I love your style and your other honeywerehealthy blog. I silently read every post. Great writting and beautiful pictures!

6. Michelle @ Ten June
    April 5, 2013 / 12:35 am

Oh I didn't know you could use the bottom ledge as a shelf! Very cool!

7. April 5, 2013 / 3:37 pm

Love this! I'm in need of a new desk and this could be THE ONE!
    Thanks!
    Susan
    simplymodernhome.com

8. May 14, 2013 / 12:14 pm

Your office desk is, indeed, beautiful. It matches well with the other white details in the room. But, what I like to say is that you're brilliant! 🙂 Putting a pipe insulation over the desk shelf was a very smart move. It now has a dual purpose – a storage and a relaxing feature all at the same time. Nice one, Megan!

Clayton Steadham

9. September 16, 2014 / 9:26 pm

I really love this desk but I've been debating buying it for ages simply because I'm worried that I will constantly hit my knees on the shelf. Do you know if it is removable?

Thanks!
    Beautiful office!

V
    Life+1

• September 16, 2014 / 10:47 pm

I think you could put remove that shelf- the Z Gallerie delivery company assembled mine, but I don't think that shelf is supporting the table.