Master Bedroom Sitting Area Update

Good morning friends!  Thank you so, so much for the love on our updated master bedroom yesterday!  I’m absolutely crazy for how it turned out and so happy to finally invite you in.  Today, we’re continuing the bedroom tour with updates we made to our master bedroom sitting area.

OUR MASTER BEDROOM SITTING AREA UPDATE

Before we built our home 9 years ago, we toured several model homes to get ideas for the floor plan in our house.  One feature that stood out to me was the ‘sitting area’ – a little nook off the master bedroom for just lounging or watching tv in a cozy space.

I’ve never been a fan of tv in the bedroom, but this provides a nice compromise.  I’ll often come up here on a Sunday evening if my husband is watching football and I want to relax with the Housewives.  Or if I’m folding laundry on the bed, I can have the tv on at the same time.

When our kids were babies, they often played here while I got ready in the adjoining bathroom.  Jordan still likes to come and ‘read’ or just snuggle in the chairs with her Lovie. And the sitting area looks especially pretty when it’s all decorated for Christmas! 😉

master bedroom sitting area
We brought in the same braided rug as under the bed to make the adjoining spaces more cohesive.  The rug is very soft underfoot and has held up well.   We kept the wing chairs, ottoman, side table and lamp the same, and borrowed two pillows from Jordan’s room. 😉
master bedroom sitting area
master bedroom sitting area decor
master bedroom sitting area decor
This giant basket is typically where I put my ‘mushy’ pillow that I sleep with, but doesn’t go on the made bed. 😉
master bedroom sitting area
You gotta have a cozy throw blanket in your sitting room for extra snuggly softness.  This one is our family favorite, and up until recently, we all fought over it.  Now that they went on sale, I got two more so that everyone can have their own.  Jordan still prefers her ‘wubby’.  These are the blankets you find in spas and all the celebs carry on airplanes!
master bedroom sitting area decor
Jeans • Pullover • Earrings • Necklace
master bedroom sitting area
You might remember that I had the bookshelves backed with fabric previously. I removed that fabric, painted them SherwinWilliams Divine White and then brought in hardcover books mostly from Amazon and Half-Priced books, and a few photos and accessories.
Styling bookshelves is always a work in progress, so I’m sure I will continue to tweak them.
master bedroom sitting area bookshelf decor
master bedroom sitting area bookshelf decor
master bedroom sitting area decor
master bedroom sitting area bookshelf decor

♥ shop books ♥

I’m so thrilled with how the bedroom and sitting room turned out.  It feels cozy and fresh and feminine and relaxing all at once.  Again, kudos to Aryn for helping design these rooms and for being so fun to work with throughout the entire process.
master bedroom barefoot dreams blanket

♥ shop my master bedroom sitting area ♥

If you have any questions about our master bedroom sitting area update, leave me a comment! I’m always happy to answer any! Also, please don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss a post!  I appreciate you so much!
See you back here tomorrow for more outfits with Ali-Shaun!  Have a great day friends!

1. Caroline
    July 26, 2018 / 7:10 am

Love how cozy it feels! So beautiful!

• Megan
      Author
      July 26, 2018 / 11:31 am

Thanks so much Caroline! 😉

2. Liisa
    July 26, 2018 / 7:43 am

Gorgeous! Are the wing chairs comfortable?

• Megan
      Author
      July 26, 2018 / 11:31 am

They are! I don’t sit in them for hours, but for occasionally sitting, they are great!

3. Erin
    July 26, 2018 / 8:43 am

Gorgeous and your shelves look great! Can I ask where you found the white and gold boxes? Looking for something similar for built-ins in my office…

4. Karin
    July 26, 2018 / 10:50 am

I am crazy for that wallpaper. And yes, I love your little room at Christmas too. Can you please link the Himalayan salt sculpture, it’s pretty! Thanks Megan!

5. Kim
    July 26, 2018 / 11:26 am

So beautiful! What a great place to have some “Megan” time!

6. Brenda
    July 26, 2018 / 2:42 pm

Hello Megan, I have tried to contact you in two other ways with no luck. Obviously, I am doing something wrong because I know you respond to questions, so I will go completely off topic from your post today and see if this works. When you told us to buy the Barefoot Dreams cardigan and we would thank you later, I am thanking you! Have you actually seen the cardigan in the Pacific blue color? Is it bluish or more on the gray side? I purchased the beige color and would like another one because, you know, “two is one and one is none”. Thank you for the hard work you do to make your blog the best. It is very enjoyable to read. Would love to see more of your organization posts because I can certainly learn from you. Thank you, Brenda

• Megan
      Author
      July 26, 2018 / 7:48 pm

Hi Brenda! I’m so glad you reached out here- I remember seeing your DM and then lost it! I was actually looking for it today. Soooo, I’m not sure if Pacific Blue is the one they had last year, but if so, it’s definitely more on the blue side. I got my mom that one last year, but I just can’t recall if that was the name of the color.

• Brenda
        July 26, 2018 / 10:42 pm

Thank you Megan. I am going to order it, if it is still available. On the website, it definitely looks grayish but that can be deceiving. Did you get a chance to look at your bio on IHeart Organizing? Your life has certainly changed since you wrote that! Love, love your blog. You work so hard and it shows. Also, you are creating a cult following for Ali-Shaun. She is a hoot!

7. Katie
    July 26, 2018 / 4:38 pm

The coziest! Looks so light and airy in there too.

8. Maya
    July 27, 2018 / 2:31 pm

How did you get your husband on board with a girly room? I really can’t see mine being okay with all the pink.

I have been reading for a year or so. I struggle to make/keep friends so having your blog is a nice escape for me to have some girl chat 🙂 Thanks for all you do!

• Megan
      Author
      July 27, 2018 / 4:21 pm

I’m so glad we can be online friends. 😉 My hubby isn’t interested in decor, he’s 100% happy in the garage!

9. Sara Ross
    July 28, 2018 / 7:38 am

Such a wonderful, calm but chic space! I was curious about the sheets you linked. I’ve had some that were microfiber before and they were hot. Do these breathe?? Thanks!

• Megan
      Author
      July 28, 2018 / 4:03 pm

These are really lightweight and not hot at all. We are crazy for how they feel.

10. Shawn Holmes
    July 29, 2018 / 9:58 am

Hello! Love your style. May I ask the color of your wall paint? Thank You!

• Megan
      Author
      July 30, 2018 / 10:31 am

Hi! We painted it Sherwin Williams Divine White- a very creamy white.

11. Voneese
    July 30, 2018 / 8:55 am

Hi Megan,
    Your sitting room and bedroom make overs are both gorgeous and cozy. I love the blush pink. I think your wallpaper and those big euro pillows are my favorite. My question is in regards to your blinds in your sitting room. Can I get the details on those? Thanks!

• Megan
      Author
      July 30, 2018 / 10:25 am

Thanks so much! I wish I could remember the company that installed those, they are shutters that open and close by touch. 😉

12. EK
    January 6, 2019 / 5:24 pm

Where are the picture frames above the wingback chairs from?

• Megan
      Author
      January 6, 2019 / 6:00 pm

Hi! Those are from Walmart! I just spray painted the mat white! 🙂

• EK
        January 15, 2019 / 10:30 am

Thanks so much! Now to be a complete pain and ask if you happen to have a link or remember the name? I browsed on the website but there’s a huge amount of frames and none of them stood out to me that seemed the same. Thank you!!

• Megan
          Author
          January 15, 2019 / 2:35 pm

Hi, I’m so sorry I don’t. I picked it up in the store. Also, it was years ago, so I’m not sure they carry the same ones anymore. You can also check Michaels, Hobby Lobby – sometimes they have similar type frames!

13. Ashley
    January 11, 2019 / 9:07 am

Hi Megan! I love those wingback chairs and am looking for that exact thing for our master bedroom. Unfortunately, it looks like the above link does not work. Can you tell me where you bought them from? Thank you so much!

14. Val
    January 13, 2019 / 8:43 am

Hey Megan! I love your blog and your style! 🙂

I love the chair and the ottoman- they match so well! Do you know what the ottoman was called? I couldn’t find it on the target site!