Here is another high protein meal that I like to make on the weekend, then refrigerate for leftovers throughout the week. I don’t think I ever make it exactly the same way twice, since I’m always tweaking the spices, cooking time, and ingredients.
Below is a basic recipe that you can adjust based on your taste preferences.
Let's be friends!
Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- chili powder- 2 teaspoons
- black pepper- 1/2 teaspoon
- cumin- 4 tablespoons (I like a lot, maybe I use more??)
- chili beans- 1 or 2 cans, rinsed
- diced tomatoes, undrained- 1 can 14 oz
- tomato paste- 1 can 6 oz
- chicken broth- 1can 14 oz
- 2% shredded cheese for topping
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven or pot on medium heat. Add onions until translucent.
- Add turkey and break into small pieces. Cook until browned.
- Stir in garlic and spices.
- Add beans.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and chicken broth.
- Then I start tasting and adjusting the spices. I sometimes add a pinch of cayenne, a little salt, and more cumin and/or chili powder.
- I cook it for about 45 minutes on a low simmer.