It’s the Little Things

that I often get excited about.  Like just getting out of the house on a weekday afternoon with the babe and stopping by West Elm and finding these Japanese masking tapes 50% off!
image
There’s no “reasonable” explanation for why I had to have them, nor do I know exactly what I’m going to do with them, except that they make me deliriously happy!
Hope your week is going well friends!

Let's be friends!

Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!

1. April 26, 2011 / 11:02 am

I know exactly what you mean! It's definitely fun to get those things! I would love some too…and have absolutely NOTHING to do with them 🙂

2. traceyf68
    April 26, 2011 / 12:47 pm

I totally get it. Besides, I think it is important to apreciate the little things. That tape made me smile this morning, I want some too!!

3. April 26, 2011 / 1:17 pm

Right now they are sitting on my desk, and I just love seeing them there!

4. April 26, 2011 / 1:19 pm

I'm with you on this one – it's the little things that make the biggest difference. Even if you don't find any use for the tape – they are decorative and just pretty to look at!

5. April 26, 2011 / 1:25 pm

Those colors would make me excited also!!!! So cute!

6. April 26, 2011 / 3:29 pm

Hope they have some left on Saturday-I'm stopping by after our meet & greet! They are all so pretty, so many options.

7. April 26, 2011 / 4:05 pm

What a great find! If you're anything like me, they'll sit around for a while unused, then once you figure out the first brilliant use for them, you wont be able to stop. The ideas will keep coming and coming! 🙂

8. April 26, 2011 / 4:11 pm

I just love the colors! The gingham pattern is so cute. Does anyone have any projects using this pretty tape?

9. April 26, 2011 / 4:43 pm

Hmmm…kinda hard to NOT get excited about them when they come in such a great variety of bright colors. Plus, anything from West Elm is awesome AND the fact that they are half off is…well…like hitting the jackpot.
    xoxo
    -linh

10. christine {bijouandboheme}
    April 26, 2011 / 12:13 pm

I love those sorts of things- those patterned tapes are so fun!!

11. April 26, 2011 / 5:50 pm

Love the colors! I would put the yellow one around the four sides of your white desk. Right in the middle, all the way around.

12. Michelle @ Ten June
    April 26, 2011 / 1:35 pm

I totally sympathize- it's the little things! And I know you'll come up with something off-the-wall awesome to use them for 🙂

13. Courtney {a thoughtful place}
    April 26, 2011 / 2:12 pm

Oh you sound like me. Just ordered three types of fabric for which I have no project yet! I am sure you will do something adorable with them.

14. April 26, 2011 / 7:32 pm

I love when I stumble upon things like that! I would have snatched them up too.

15. Elsa
    April 26, 2011 / 2:47 pm

I love those colors! I'm sure you will come up with lots of great projects to use them.

16. Allison
    April 26, 2011 / 3:00 pm

Those are fun and I would have snatched them up, too. I bet you'll come up with a clever use for them but I think sitting them on your desk for now is the perfect idea! They're cheerful!

17. April 26, 2011 / 8:13 pm

I love that you touched on the little things. They really are the things that bring us the most joy. Love the tapes!

18. April 27, 2011 / 12:50 am

Ooh, those bring back memories!! We went to Japan last year and I had to leave so many gorgeous papers and tapes and fabrics behind 🙁 But I DID buy up and a year later, am still hoarding most of them because they're too precious to use! Well, that and I have nil time to scrapbook with them as I'd planned *sigh*

19. emily
    April 27, 2011 / 1:25 am

Did you buy them all or are there some left? 🙂 I have a rug to return there!

20. Chassity (Look Linger Love)
    April 27, 2011 / 2:01 am

Too funny b/c I bought similar jap tape not knowing what I'd do with it either 🙂

21. Rambling Renovators
    April 27, 2011 / 2:51 am

I have rolls of Japanese tape too but can't bear to actually use them. They're too pretty to look at!

22. Chic Coastal Living
    April 27, 2011 / 10:50 am

This tape looks like fun to me! Glad you bought it girl!

23. Lauren
    April 27, 2011 / 2:34 pm

I bought some goodies from West Elm this weekend as well and I dont remember seeing those. Oh well – maybe they will still have some this weekend!

24. Anonymous
    August 10, 2012 / 6:01 am

I loved reading about your journey to loose your baby weight. I'm in the same spot myself now. My son is 9 months. I still have to loose 10lbs to b at my pre pregnancy weight. I try and eat right and work out. I struggle w fitting in work outs w a full time job and a baby. I just don't feel like myself in this body. So far working out hasn't helpede loose the weight I though I would, so I guess keep trying???