Colorful Cooking

The post yesterday on the paint colors in my home reminded me that while I was out shopping the other day, I passed by Williams Sonoma and saw the Le Creuset dutch ovens in the most wonderful new colors. Of course, they’ve always had these mostly primary colors and I’ve often randomly pondered which color I would choose, were I to invest in one.  You’ve pondered this too, right?! But I never could decide.  Nothing else in my kitchen is red, so I don’t think I’d choose her; the ivory is kind of plain; the orange and greens are nice; not so sure about the blue, but yellow is also cool. image  But now they have a beautiful plum, teal, black and white.  image image image image  But, the one I really love and think I would purchase for our home is OCEAN.  A gorgeous color! image     My question to you is: (1) what color do you have or would you choose, and (2) if you do have one, is it worth the investment?

Let's be friends!

Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!

1. October 14, 2010 / 1:03 pm

i have 1 of these on my wish list and i would pick red or now that they have black i would ponder that.

2. October 14, 2010 / 2:23 pm

I know they are definitely worth the investment. My sister has the turquoise one and it's beautiful. I have a calphalon dutch oven and love it, but would also love to have a le creuset one day as well. I am loving that plum color though! I'd probably get the red. 🙂

Let me know when you get one and we will come over for dinner. 🙂

3. October 14, 2010 / 2:31 pm

I have the lemongrass (or sometimes called kiwi) dutch oven as well as a number of accessories. All of the Le Creuset items I have are amazing and I would highly suggest investing in the dutch oven, I don't know how I lived without it!

4. Anonymous
    October 14, 2010 / 3:24 pm

They are definitely worth the money. My mom has had a huge collection in orange/flame forever (40+ years). I have pieces in yellow, red and green (kiwi) and I just love them!

5. October 14, 2010 / 5:48 pm

I just got my catalog in the mail the other day, and am in LOVE with the new Ocean color. I was a big fan of all the bright colors.

6. Elizabeth @ Southern Comfort
    October 14, 2010 / 1:06 pm

I love the Le Creuset line. I've NEVER heard of anyone not liking them after purchase. I would go with the orange or green for some fun punch of color. My kitchen is blue and white so a fun color would work for when I had it pulled out. Let us know if you decide to get it!

7. Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design
    October 14, 2010 / 2:26 pm

I swoon over these every time I walk by W & S…I would have to say either teal, black, or ocean for me!

8. Courtney {a thoughtful place}
    October 14, 2010 / 2:58 pm

Teal or ocean for this girl. So pretty. Or maybe one of each so I can have rainbow cookware!

9. Katie
    October 14, 2010 / 3:30 pm

I'd be right there with you — That Ocean hue is gooorgeous! I've never owned a Le Creuset piece, but that doesn't mean I haven't been naughty and done some coveting. 🙂 What I wouldn't give …

10. Ashley @ The Hillside Home
    October 14, 2010 / 3:49 pm

I love the ocean, the plum, and the white. I'd probably go with ocean. How much are they?

11. Jeannine @ Small and Chic
    October 14, 2010 / 3:53 pm

I am slowly collecting the teal stuff. I limit myself to the outlet, though. It's so hard to justify the mark up…the other brands are just as good. I'm stuck on the teal, though. 🙂

12. October 14, 2010 / 9:10 pm

I don't have anything LC. My grandmother did, but my aunt swiped all the stuff after she passed away. 🙁 I am the worst at choosing colors…I never know what to settle on. :s

I'm hosting a little Giveaway from McKenna Layne Designs today…holiday invites, cards, chocolate wrappers, etc. Hope you might swing by. 🙂

13. Devonay@LumpkinAndMe
    October 14, 2010 / 5:32 pm

Plum, teal or ocean… but probably not on this single Mom's budget!

14. October 14, 2010 / 10:48 pm

I'm a sucker for the plum. I have the red and I LOVE it. I use it for everything – makes me feel very Barefoot Contessa

15. Kate
    October 14, 2010 / 6:49 pm

JUST last night I was wondering the same thing! I follow Pioneer Woman and she cooks everything in hers but they are so $$$$!

16. Kate
    October 14, 2010 / 6:49 pm

17. Ammie @ Domesticallyobsessed.com
    October 14, 2010 / 7:59 pm

Oh girlfriend, we need to talk. Click on the "baby" page on my site and laugh your merry le creuset lovin' buns off.

Beautiful site, btw.

18. Kat @ City Southern
    October 14, 2010 / 9:00 pm

Let me just tell you – It took me ages to finally decide that even though I love teal blue and lime green, I should stick to classic red for Le Creuset because I could get tired of bright fun colors inthe kitchen. So now that I have invested in 3 or 4 pieces, they have black and white. I am OBSESSED with B&W everything and it's totally classic. I may have to switch!! You've inspired be to blog about my dilemma =)

19. October 15, 2010 / 2:22 am

I totally forgot about the outlet- I wonder if they have my new favorite color there?

20. October 15, 2010 / 2:52 am

I got a 5 qt red Le Creuset for Christmas a few years ago, and it has become my favorite kitchen item. I LOVE it! Definitely worth the price (though I obviously didn't pay for mine, ha!).

21. Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt
    October 14, 2010 / 10:37 pm

I have yet to get my own LC. My mom loans me hers whenever the occasion calls for it. It is burnt orange (from when she got married. 🙂 ) and I think I adore it b/c it represents family gatherings. That being said, I use to do this exact same thing with the KitchenAid mixer. I hearted so many colors — but I find myself always leaning to pink when it comes to cookware & bakeware. Yep…you heard it from me…pink. I love the color but I also love the % that goes to breast cancer research {which was I was a part of not too long ago}. But that ocean…is quite dreamy. 🙂

Oh…thank you so much for the upcoming post. I am giddy over it. 🙂

Cheers~
    e

22. Haven and Home
    October 15, 2010 / 1:44 am

Love those, your house so cute, I am dying over the closet!

23. emily
    October 15, 2010 / 1:59 am

I love the plum and the ocean — so pretty! We have the black and we love it. They are totally worth the price. Le Creuset actually has an outlet store in San Marcos, where you can get some great prices on the discontinued colors.

24. Olivia M.
    October 15, 2010 / 5:30 pm

I'm all over the plum one, but if I couldn't find it I'd go with the black. I don't have any (they're always on my lists)but I've heard they are absolutely worth the money.

25. Grace @ Sense and Simplicity
    October 16, 2010 / 2:57 am

I have the same problem with the kitchen aid mixers – no idea what colour I would chose because I love all the colours.

26. The Mrs. D aka. Future Mrs. D
    November 5, 2010 / 11:53 am

I do not have any cooking pieces, I do have some of their decorative pieces! I think they are simply gorgeous.. Never have I heard anyone say that they thought the investment was bad… I would go with white, styles and taste change, white is classic! Pick up some of their decorative pieces in the colors, on sale $… That's what I do… Love your blog.

27. November 5, 2010 / 5:23 pm

I actually have 6 (I hesitate to admit that but I am addicted to them). I have dune (cream), 3 Kiwi in various sizes, a turquoise and I just got an orange one for my b-day. My need for a place to store them is probably part of the reason we did a kitchen renovation but truly they are amazing to cook with. Once you have one you will want more.

28. Melissa
    December 1, 2010 / 3:42 am

Don't buy anywhere but the outlet, you can get 40% off. I had several pieces that I bought at garage sales (!) before I bought one new (at the outlet) & they are fabulous! You can pass them down to your daughter, they are that durable.

29. August 31, 2011 / 2:03 am

I purchased my first Le Creuset in Ocean and LOVE it! So worth the money.