Time to Order Holiday Cards

In the past week, two girlfriends I know were having their family photos taken in preparation for their holiday cards, which got me thinking it’s time to order our cards.  We had family photos taken back in February, so we’ll use those for our Christmas cards this year.  My husband doesn’t really voice an opinion about which card we order, but my four year-old son, on the other hand, has big opinions.  He and I will be browsing the Minted website this weekend and pick out our card together.  It will be hard to narrow down since Minted has so many cute options to choose from. I especially love their foil pressed cards, which I think are just beautiful.  But, we also have ornament cards, booklet cards, and minibook cards to choose from this year.  Decisions, decisions – the good kind!

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13
I love that so many people do photo cards these days because we display those cards in our home  (as I’m sure you do too) throughout the holiday season and it’s fun to see our friends’ happy faces everyday.  I’ll let you know which card we end up with soon.  I can’t wait to see which designs James likes this year. 🙂 Have you picked out your holiday card yet?

Right now, at Minted, you get 15% off holiday card orders of $150 and 10% off orders of $100.  Use code HOLIDAY14.  Ends 11/3.  Better to order when you can get the discount! Happy browsing! I’d love to hear which designs are your favorites in the comments.

*I’m proud to partner with Minted on this post.

1. October 30, 2014 / 1:22 pm

I love the Minted cards – they just make it too darn hard to pick just one! The booklet cards are very intriguing. I might do a few of those for the grandparents.

• October 30, 2014 / 8:18 pm

I know! Grandparents would love those!

• October 30, 2014 / 8:19 pm

Can't go wrong with any other them!

2. October 30, 2014 / 2:26 pm

I am actually really looking forward to holiday cards. I love picking them out. I am hoping to get some family photos done in the next couple of weeks!!! I can't wait to see what you choose!

• October 30, 2014 / 8:20 pm

Me either;)

3. October 30, 2014 / 2:46 pm

I never even thought about doing the booklet for just a few people. Genius. All great picks. It's so hard to choose. Big fan of Minted.

• October 30, 2014 / 8:20 pm

You are one of my "two girlfriends!" Always LOVE your family photo.

4. October 30, 2014 / 4:04 pm

Thanks for the code! I've always been so happy with the quality and design of Minted's cards. Just got my family photos back and will be ordering my cards this weekend!

• October 30, 2014 / 8:21 pm

Yes, their designs are so good and their art prints too.

5. October 30, 2014 / 6:04 pm

Oh, this is getting me so excited! I haven't even thought about this, but I really need to get on it. Last year we were running around frantic trying to snap photos and get them printed. We cut it pretty close so I need to work on this in Nov 🙂
    Linh

• October 30, 2014 / 8:22 pm

Girl, get on it! 🙂 It's hard to get a good family photo sometimes, which is why two years in a row our card just had our son's picture on it!

6. October 30, 2014 / 10:14 pm

They have adorable cards, but I am sooo fortunate that our oldest creates ours for us each year. Not gonna be another one out there like it, guaranteed!! Now, to get the girls together and chose THE picture, that is a whole other ballgame!!

7. October 30, 2014 / 10:40 pm

As much as we live in the digital age, I still love the printed material – esp receiving cards and esp during the holiday season. I do have a question for you – how do you store your cards? I try to save all of the cards for different occasions, and just have them in a box for right now. Although, I'm sure there's a better way to store them. Any idea cute/fun ideas?

• November 21, 2014 / 5:58 pm

I've been keeping my cards, but just put them in a stack and tie a big ribbon around them when it's time to take them down. The next year, I pull them out and put them in a big bowl on the coffee table and we can look though them or even friends can see their cards from prior years.