Cleaning Up

I’m feeling a whole lot lighter after tackling a chore that I’d been avoiding for a couple weeks- cleaning up the accumulating mess in my office.  It’s the result of James’ art projects from school, home files, Stella & Dot stuff, craft things, and magazines.  It’s all the stuff that didn’t belong downstairs, and so I rightfully bring it up, but instead of putting it away properly, I just dumped it on my office floor.  You do this too? Move one pile to the next until you can’t stand it anymore.

I avoid my office completely when it looks like this so it was time to get it cleaned up.  It didn’t take long to throw out the trash and put things back where they belonged.
So much better!  Doesn’t it feel so good to get things organized and cleaned up?  It’s a fresh start to the week!  Hope you have a great one!

1. May 20, 2013 / 1:40 pm

Ughh! The before is much like my closet and room right now. I am knee deep in a mess. I wish I were enjoying the after like you are. Have a great Monday!

2. May 20, 2013 / 1:50 pm

Looks great! I've been doing that in the garage, and I feel like I can breathe now that it's almost done. funny how clutter and disorganization brings out a physical reaction, too.

ps — what happened to the black sheet on your bookcases? #snoop

3. May 20, 2013 / 1:53 pm

We went on a cleaning rampage a couple weeks ago in anticipation of the youngest coming home for summer break. I just wanted to get it all done! Looks great Megan. Did you take the black fabric off the back of your expedite?

4. May 20, 2013 / 5:05 pm

I have my fair share of cleaning rampages. Normally its during a stress full day. It looks great.

5. May 20, 2013 / 6:46 pm

Uhh yeah, I move piles too! Currently, my closet has all kinds of piles I've been avoiding.

6. May 20, 2013 / 6:53 pm

I am reading blogs and my upstairs guest room/office looks like the before photo!!! And my parents are coming this weekend….

I guess now is as good a time as any to get off my laptop. Thanks for the little kick-in-the-pants. 😀

7. May 21, 2013 / 2:49 am

I need to work on cleaning up a few messes around here! We've got company coming next week, so that's always great motivation!

8. May 21, 2013 / 4:40 am

Thank goodness I am not the only one! Reading today's post makes me feel better. My office is a disaster right now! And I work from home, so its amazing I get anything done. Need to make the time to straighten it up before I lose my mind 🙂

9. May 21, 2013 / 5:53 pm

I recognize your symptoms because I suffer from it too. It's called Piles Disease and there is no known cure.

10. May 22, 2013 / 3:57 pm

I do the same thing. UGH! I really need to get a handle on it.