My Home Office Organization

With legal work, blogging, and Stella & Dot, I’ve been spending many hours in my home office lately.  Thankfully, I truly enjoy being in this space and get a lot accomplished here.  It’s way more fun to work in an office that is clean, pretty, and organized.  I feel much better here ever since I painted the walls white (they used to be light yellow) and turned my desk to face the window.  Those two small changes made a world of difference.  I also found dark grey velvet drapes that feel luxurious in the room.

In addition to keeping things ultra-organized, I like to keep something living and beautiful on my desk always, like this pink flower stem.  The couple dollars spent weekly on flowers give back ten-fold. I’ve also started working with a lit candle.  It helps me relax and focus.

And I keep a few seashells in a small bowl to help me remember why I work hard and how I like to spend my time off.

I got some new goodies courtesy of See Jane Work, an office/workspace organizational online shop that I’ve ordered from previously.  My light blue pencils, file boxes, and printer paper holders are from their site.

I adore their new herringbone line in collaboration with Office Depot.  The magazine files hold some of my Stella & Dot supplies.

Isn’t the pencil cup cute?

And I haven’t quite figured out where I’m going to put this magnetic dry erase board.  It might end up in the mudroom.  The quote is from a new favorite book, Eat That Frog! Have you read it? It gives you tools to stop procrastinating and gets the important things accomplished first thing in your day.  It’s a quick read and full of helpful, practical tips.
I can’t have enough paper for my never-ending “to do” lists.  This sticky notepad is cool because it has circles on the left for you check off and feel so good when you’ve completed something.
Do you have an office space you enjoy being in?  Also, are you a fan of the time change?  I don’t think anyone likes losing an hour of sleep, but those long summer nights are the best!
* * * * *

1. March 11, 2013 / 12:04 pm

Love those new goodies, so pretty 🙂 I love the time change…as soon as I adjust it feels like I get an extra hour in the mornings because my girls sleep until almost 8! And the light evenings are awfully nice too.

2. March 11, 2013 / 12:15 pm

Love your office 🙂 Where did you get your gold candle holder from? xo Kristin

3. March 11, 2013 / 12:49 pm

Love these! Blue is my favorite color, and I have a lot of it in my office space.

4. March 11, 2013 / 12:54 pm

Love your office space. I have to go check out the new line of items at Office Depot (dad works there part-time to keep busy, so discounts are a bonus). I need to tweak my downstairs office space. And, we are currently turning our former TV room upstairs into another office/craft room. Can't wait to get it done. Love the idea of the seashells in a bowl, and I love have a lit candle on my desk. I currently have one from Anthro I got around Christmas time called Spiced Amber…smells so good.

5. March 11, 2013 / 2:11 pm

I recently turned my desk to face the window, too. It like it so much better and I like seeing what the neighbors are up to, lol. I need to check out Office Depot because it's hard to find cute things for the office. The only luck I've had is The Container Store so far. Now, if I could just get my husband to stop leaving his paperwork everywhere…

6. March 11, 2013 / 2:40 pm

Your office is so pretty – I'd love to work in there too! I need to get that book! I really need some motivation right now!

7. March 11, 2013 / 2:55 pm

Your office is so nice! I like your idea of adding pieces that remind you of why you work. I may have to do that at my work office. My home office is a disaster for now, yours I hope will give me some inspiration to start on mine. Time change was great until 3am when I could not sleep, I need a few days to adjust, but I love the longer hours of day light in the evening!

8. March 11, 2013 / 3:00 pm

Such a gorgeous office! I want that shelving unit SO bad but don't have the space now!

9. March 11, 2013 / 3:34 pm

Such a pretty and feminine spot, Megan. I love the pencil cup. Time change is killing us this morning. Everyone over slept! But I agree, long summer nights are so worth it!

10. March 11, 2013 / 6:36 pm

Love it, it turned out gorgeous!!And totally agree on those summer nights! 🙂

11. March 11, 2013 / 8:15 pm

Love all your little touches — they make the room so chic and pretty!!

12. March 11, 2013 / 8:30 pm

What a great space! Makes me want to spruce up my own office. I'm checking out the See Jane Work site now. Thanks!
    Susan
    simplymodernhome.com

13. March 11, 2013 / 11:38 pm

Imagine all the work I could get done in your beautiful office! I like the idea of candles and fresh flowers. I may have to start bringing in the flowers to my 9-to-5.

Emily | Sparkle Meets Pop

14. March 12, 2013 / 12:22 am

I love the organization by color in your storage unit! You have such a great eye for styling. Thanks so much for sharing your space!

~Abby =)

15. March 12, 2013 / 2:02 am

Such a pretty space Megan! You've done a lovely job with color. It's so fresh, crisp and so so organized. I need that book! I could use a little extra help right about now. Also, I love that you still write thank you notes. Fun to see that on your list.

16. March 12, 2013 / 8:08 am

I am absolutely obsessed, I love everything you've done!

17. March 12, 2013 / 5:08 pm

I am redoing my office right now and love those shelves. Where did you get them?!

18. May 14, 2013 / 12:06 pm

I like the way you organize your home office. My eyes focused on the huge shelves simply because it's so lovely to look at. All the paper materials were properly arranged – from books, to magazines, bond papers, up to important documents. Other supplies can be place on the extra file boxes too. You'd made sure that everything will be put in order. You did a fantastic job on this one! 🙂

Clayton Steadham