Laundry Room Update & Repotted Faux Orchid

Wowza, talk about a busy weekend!  I’ve started planning James’ 2nd birthday party, and if you follow me on Pinterest or Twitter, you’ve probably gathered by now it’s going to be an Elmo party:)  I also worked on several projects around the house, cleaned, did laundry, and finished up gifts for teachers/secretary/hubby/baby Valentine’s Day gifts.   I didn’t make it to Urban Market or the gym, two places I had really high hopes for.  But on to some of the progress around the house . . .

I realized I’ve never shared our laundry room with you, mainly because there’s not much to it- it’s a small space with just enough room for the washer, dryer, overhead cabinets, and a nice granite sink.  I hadn’t done anything to make it pretty since moving in and decided this weekend to fix it up.  I shopped the house to find a Home Goods mirror ($20), an old potted orchid (Pier One), and some scripture wall plaques that my best friend gave me years ago.

And after adding the decorative touches:

I repotted the faux orchid that I purchased ages ago at Pier One.  It originally came in a taupe/brown colored clay pot that I spray painted white during a white-obsessed phase a few years back.  During the holidays, I bought a shiny silver pot at Crate & Barrel, but never got around to doing anything with it.  I like the bigger size and color of the CB pot and ended up repotting my orchid.

Adding a mirror, some art, and a faux plant really makes the room much more welcoming.  And don’t we need some welcoming when doing laundry??
Hope y’all have a great week!

1. February 13, 2012 / 4:38 am

Love the new details! It's the small things that make such a difference. Have a fantastic week!

2. February 13, 2012 / 5:37 am

Looks great! I absolutely love the mirror. I've been playing around with a faux orchid tonight also:)

3. February 13, 2012 / 12:04 pm

I so need to do this! We repainted awhile back and I have yet to add anything decorative to ours. It always seems to be the last place. Love the new pot and the verses!!

4. February 13, 2012 / 2:00 pm

I like the new pot! It's so cool to see how a few simple changes can make the room feel homier!

5. February 13, 2012 / 2:41 pm

I love what you did with your orchid…I just love orchids…pretty sure I could fill my entire house with them! Your mirror looks great in your laundry room too. I tend to put lots of my kids artwork up in my laundry room – makes it a much more cheery place to be : )

6. February 13, 2012 / 3:24 pm

Looks great girl! Love the idea of repotting a fake orchid never thought of that! Can you believe our babies are turning two?? Sterling's birthday party is this Saturday and I need to get on it!

7. February 13, 2012 / 4:01 pm

it looks wonderful.small details, big changes!

8. February 13, 2012 / 4:17 pm

Usually my laundry room is the last place to get decorated. Hence, it is lacking. I need help!

9. February 13, 2012 / 4:56 pm

Looks great! My little man is turning two next month. We are doing an owl theme party. I am loving planning all the details!

10. February 13, 2012 / 5:39 pm

So pretty. . photos look great, too. I am envious that you have a sink in your laundry room. Not sure why they didn't put one in ours. Love your granite in there.

11. February 13, 2012 / 6:34 pm

Looks great! I love doing laundry and I think a lot of that is because I love my laundry room. Hope it works for you!

12. February 13, 2012 / 7:14 pm

That looks fabulous! My laundry room needs a desperate makeover. I found some Elmo themed party stuff for my 2-year-old on your pinterest. I'm excited!

13. February 14, 2012 / 12:53 am

It looks great, Megan! What a pleasant room to do laundry in!

14. February 14, 2012 / 4:24 am

My friend just did a cookie monster party for her 2 year old, super cute 🙂

15. February 17, 2012 / 12:47 am

The little updates help so much! It looks so nice!

16. September 10, 2013 / 2:10 pm

Looks great! Love the updates! Made me hopeful because I feel like I could keep a fake orchid alive! I have been known to kill cactus…