Christmas Craft- Advent Calendar

Hi peeps!  Are you ready to get this party started?  Cassie (Hi Sugarplum) is hosting today’s party, so if you have a Christmas Craft to share, go HERE to link up!

I’m linking up the advent calendar I created.  I’m especially giddy about it this year because we have a little one (19 months old) to start sharing the season with and creating our own memories and traditions.

I made this advent calendar with our family in mind, and considering our child’s age, but of course you can personalize it to suit your family’s needs.  I printed the labels on the computer and taped them to the tags with Japanese tape.

ADVENT CALENDAR ADVENTURES
Take a family photo in front of the Christmas tree
Sing Christmas songs
Make Christmas cards for Grandparents
Make a Christmas ornament
Color a Christmas picture
Make paper snowflakes
Drink hot cocoa with marshmallows
Watch a christmas movie
Go out for a Christmas treat
Drive around the neighborhood and look at Christmas lights
Visit Santa Claus
Call Grandparents
Wrap a gift for your teachers
Read a story about the birth of Baby Jesus
Make cookies for Santa Claus
Write Santa Claus a letter
Read the book: “The Night Before Christmas”
Make a snowman
Make a yummy treat
Build a gingerbread house
Buy a Christmas gift for Toys for Tots
Donate toys and clothes
Visit Grandparents
Make chocolate covered toffee
I’m hoping to have this advent calendar for years to come in our home!

***********

1. November 29, 2011 / 12:03 pm

I love your Advent calendar Megan! I know James will love the tradition you've started in the years to come.

2. November 29, 2011 / 1:40 pm

What a cute advent calendar. I must say that I had never heard of this type of calendar before last week when our team manager got us one. What a fun idea.

jen

3. November 29, 2011 / 1:49 pm

I love it! It is so fun. I would love to start an advent calendar tradition! – Meg at O. is Me

4. November 29, 2011 / 2:43 pm

What a wonderful list of adventures! I love how interactive this calendar is as opposed to simple little gifts. Sounds like your family will have lots of great memories this Christmas season!

5. November 29, 2011 / 2:58 pm

This is so cute!! I am loving it!

6. November 29, 2011 / 3:08 pm

THERE is it! 😉 It looks great — we're advent twins today! Thanks for linking…and pimping!

7. November 29, 2011 / 4:34 pm

Such a cute idea to have little adventures each day! Love that! Super adorable! 🙂

8. November 29, 2011 / 5:12 pm

I love this!

Thanks for sharing it, it inspires me to make something like this for our family!

9. November 29, 2011 / 7:20 pm

Oh it's so colorful and fun for the holidays! I always loved advent calendars…and still do! (:

10. November 29, 2011 / 7:22 pm

I love all the activities that you have planned for your family. This was the hardest part of making my advent calendar this year 🙂

11. November 30, 2011 / 1:55 am

Lovely! I'll make mine soon. Thanks for the ideas!

12. November 30, 2011 / 4:28 am

What a fun Advent calendar! You did a great job, Megan. I think it is wonderful that you have started this tradition with James.

13. November 30, 2011 / 1:39 pm

I love the cute little pockets. You are going to have so much fun with this! 🙂

I am the worstest mama ever. I've had the supplies to make an Advent calendar for a YEAR, and haven't gotten around to it. :s Maybe I'll give it a shot today…if not, I'll console myself with the fact that I'm planning a bday party this Saturday, and also trying to decorate for Christmas.

14. December 4, 2011 / 6:37 am

I can't believe you made that! It must've taken so much time! It really is adorable though, great job.

15. December 5, 2011 / 6:29 pm

I've been wanting to set up an advent calendar but wasn't inspired by anything. LOVE this. so thanks for the inspiration 🙂