Outfits Lately

Hi friend!  Like you, I’ve been so saddened and sickened by the tragedy in Uvalde.  And as sad and angry as I am, it’s no match for what the families are going through right now.  I can’t stop thinking about that and the children.  The precious children.

I know many of you come here for a respite from the heaviness of the world and I thank you for that.  I promise to honor my commitment to keep things positive around here- it’s actually my respite too.

I do want to let you know that I shared some ways we can use our voice and energy to help affect change.  It’s saved to my Instagram Story highlight called ACTION.

Today, I’m making it a good day because my 12 year-old son, James, and I are off on a mother/son trip, just the two of us!

I’ve been so looking forward to a stretch of undivided alone time with him.  He’s way more independent than my 6 year-old daughter, and she tends to dominate my time, which I often feel guilty about.

I really enjoy my son’s company and this weekend trip to Minnesota (his choice!) will be awesome.  We’re heading to a Twins game tonight and will be visiting the Mall of America tomorrow.  If you have any other recommendations for what we should do while we’re in town, please drop it in the comments!

YOUR WEEKLY FAVES

I always love seeing what y’all are loving and here’s what topped your list this week!

Fashion | Sundress, Sleeveless Maxi Dress, White straight Leg Jeans

Amazon | Swimsuit, Ponytail Cap, Black Maxi Dress

Beauty | Nail Strengthener, Pumice Stone, Gelous Nail Polish

Home | Cherry Blossoms, Footed Wood Bowl, Faux Peonies

OUTFITS LATELY

Today, I’m rounding up a month’s worth of cute and comfy, plus affordable! warm weather outfits.  If you’ve been struggling to put yourself together in the morning, give yourself a nudge.  We always feel better about ourselves when we spend a little extra time getting ready.  It’s like feminine armour for the day, right?!

Yellow Peplum Top, Denim Shorts, Sandals

Dotted Tank, Jeans,

TopNYDJ JeansNecklaceBracelet

Black Jumpsuit, Hat, Sandals

JumpsuitHatSandalsNecklace

Dress

Let's be friends!

Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!

DressWedgesNecklace

Floral Mini Dress Sugarplum

Day DressBraceletsNecklaceWedges

Palm Print Top and Skirt Sugarplum

DressClear HeelsBraceletsBagEarrings

Bodysuit, Plam Print Pants, Sandals

BodysuitPantsEarringsSandals

DressHeelsEarrings (30% off with code MEGAN30 *one time use)

Weekend Steals

Nordstrom’s Half Yearly Sale starts now! Deals on items like this shirttail hem tee for $11 and this popular bra.

Use code: SUMMER for 50% off sale styles at JCrew. How cute is this smocked dress?!

40% – 70% off the entire site at JCrew Factory. This bold ruffle swimsuit is just $34!

LOFT has 50% off full-priced styles. I just added this top to my cart!

When the tees, tanks, and tops are 50% off you stock up!

$20 and oh so cute! This dress comes it two colors and both look great with a jean jacket!

Have a great weekend friend!

1. Danielle Baker
    May 27, 2022 / 5:39 am

We did Mall of America in November with our kids that are very similar age to your son! It was such a fun trip! Check out the go kart track on the 4th floor.

2. May 27, 2022 / 5:41 am

Loving all especially stiped top and black jumpsuit!!!

3. Jenny
    May 27, 2022 / 7:53 am

We took our teenage boys to Minneapolis a few years ago…it was such a fun trip! We went to Minnehaha Falls…it’s a waterfall right in the city. It was really neat and the boys loved playing in the water there. It’s really easy to access.

4. Annie
    May 27, 2022 / 8:01 am

Welcome to Minnesota!! It’s the perfect day for a TWINS game! great idea. And, we LOVE the MOA here. So much to do in one place. My kids love the aquarium there! (SEA LIFE at Mall of America) There are plenty of cheesy, but fun restaurants, mini golf, the amusement park! It will be very fun day for the two of you!

And yes, Minnehaha Falls is a GREAT outdoor adventure that doesn’t take the whole day. You can hike a little and see the river after you see the falls. (weather permitting of course! ha)

We’ll be at the TWINS game on Sunday, so sorry to miss you!

And, last, but not least, THANK YOU for all the actionable steps to take in light of the Uvalde school shooting. We must band together and create change!

• Megan
      Author
      May 31, 2022 / 10:20 am

We ended up going to two games, and sorry to miss you on Sunday!

5. Khirsten
    May 27, 2022 / 8:41 am

Do you have a link to your orange bag?

6. Rebekah
    May 27, 2022 / 8:42 am

Have fun in Minnesota this weekend!!

7. Kristinanne
    May 27, 2022 / 9:08 am

Have a great time in my hometown! Yes to Minnehaha Falls! My grand parents lived a couple of blocks away, and we spent lots of happy times there. I still manage to get there when I get back to MN. You can take the Light Rail there.

• Megan
      Author
      May 31, 2022 / 10:20 am

Minnesota was so good to us! We really enjoyed our trip!

8. Megan
    May 27, 2022 / 11:04 am

Thank you for both the positive, fun fashion content and for acknowledging the heartbreak we are all navigating. As a 2nd grade teacher and mom to two elementary school children, I am just so shaken up by this. I found your blog a couple of years ago when I was looking for inspiration for cute teacher outfits, and I love your recommendations. Enjoy your weekend with your son – spending quality time with our kids feels like all that really matters right now.

• Megan
      Author
      May 31, 2022 / 10:19 am

I feel the same Megan. It’s an ache I can’t escape from. It’s so heavy. I’m trying to turn it around here, but my heart breaks for the families and community. Thank you for stopping by and being here so long. We LOVE our teachers!

9. Gwen Berg
    May 27, 2022 / 11:56 am

Visit Valley Fair in Shakopee, it isn’t far from MOA.

10. Zuzana
    May 27, 2022 / 1:16 pm

I am also adding a vote for Minnehaha Falls. We always take our out of town visitors there. I hope you enjoy your trip. The weather is supposed be really nice.

11. Heather
    May 27, 2022 / 5:52 pm

You can’t come to Minnesota without enjoying one of the 10,000 plus lakes! Excelsior is a great town with lots to do and it’s on Lake Minnetonka. Enjoy your time here!

• Megan
      Author
      May 31, 2022 / 10:18 am

I wish we had more time!

12. mimi
    May 27, 2022 / 6:52 pm

I don’t know if your son knows anything about Charlie Brown and the gang from Peanuts. I’m sure you do. In St. Paul, about 16 miles away from MOA, there are statues to be seen for fans. Enjoy your trip with your wonderful son. Safe travels.

13. May 27, 2022 / 6:55 pm

Have so much fun with your trip! It’s so cool that you guys are getting away and spending the time together. So so precious! I love all of your outfits. You always look so pretty and I adore that yellow peplum top as well as the black jumpsuit.

Maureen | http://www.littlemisscasual.com

14. Colleen L
    May 27, 2022 / 9:33 pm

The cherry and the spoon sculpture garden! ( A must)!! Also Downtown Wayzata. Get icecream and stroll by the lake. Super cute shops as well:) Grocers Table is one of my favorite restaurants!

• Megan
      Author
      May 31, 2022 / 10:18 am

We went to the sculpture garden! So lovely!

15. June 6, 2022 / 10:11 pm

Valley Fair in Shakopee, it isn’t far from MOA you should come ad visit!

16. June 22, 2022 / 10:42 pm

Yellow looks lovely on you!