Grilled Shrimp Tacos

Last night’s dinner was really good and so easy to throw together.  When you need a fast meal, I like to take advantage of grocery store items that help save time.  If you have a bag of frozen shrimp, shredded lettuce (or cabbage), pico, and tortillas, you’ve basically got shrimp tacos!

Frozen, tail off, peeled and deveined shrimp are always on sale and in our freezer because all you have to do is thaw and heat.  You can thaw them in the fridge, but I usually put them in a strainer and run cold water over them for a couple minutes, then dry with a kitchen towel.

The store bought pico is super convenient, but I sometimes add a fresh squeeze of lime or more onion since ours tends to be heavy on the tomato.

I made a simple taco sauce with low fat sour cream, a touch of milk, some paprika, salt-free seasoning, and low sodium old bay.
I grilled the shrimp in olive oil and garlic and seasoned with old bay.  The tortillas were heated in a dry skillet.

Let's be friends!

Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!

Finally, just assemble your tacos.  I layered the sauce, lettuce, pico, sliced avocado, and then the shrimp.
The bag of shrimp above made four tacos.
* * * * *

1. February 19, 2013 / 2:27 pm

These look Delish. I'll be making them tomorrow night!
    Amelia

2. February 19, 2013 / 8:15 pm

These look great, but I REALLY want to know where you got those chevron plates!!

3. February 19, 2013 / 8:15 pm

These look great, but I REALLY want to know where you got those chevron plates!

• February 20, 2013 / 4:23 am

Ha! That plate is from Mikasa.com. It comes in other colors too – and they have mugs!

4. February 19, 2013 / 9:31 pm

Thanks for sharing. Looks delicious and so simple.

5. Allison
    February 20, 2013 / 4:45 am

These look so yummy! Healthy and simple which I love. Beautiful plates Megan!

6. February 20, 2013 / 5:40 pm

OOoo sounds like this is going to be my dinner tonight!
    Question — I just started the Live Fit program LAST NIGHT, thank YOU so much for the inspiration! I really think this plan will be something I can stick with and would have never found it if it weren't for your blog! Just wondering do you know if all of the workout .pdf files are in 1 spot somewhere so I can print them all at once??? It's been taking me forever to print them 1 by 1… Thanks 🙂

7. Amanda
    February 20, 2013 / 7:42 pm

I do this too… it's our favorite dinner. For my sauce, I blend up an avocado, a small cup of fat-free greek yogurt, lime, garlic, and cilantro. Then I toss it with some cabbage and let it sit while I cook the shrimp. So healthy and so delicious!

8. February 26, 2013 / 5:10 pm

We have tacos a lot, but we've never tried shrimp tacos. Definitely going to have to give them a try eventually!

9. May 7, 2013 / 10:37 pm

What were the proprotions for the taco sauce? Thanks!

10. December 24, 2014 / 2:27 am

This looks absolutely delicious!