Hi all! Thank you so much for reading and commenting on Jenna’s weight-loss success story. I knew she would inspire you and I’m so happy she agreed to let me feature her here. I’d love to feature YOU too, just email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll chat!
I made a Greek pasta salad with grilled chicken the other night for dinner and thought you might like to try this recipe with your family. It’s classic Greek ingredients – tomato, cucumber, olives, red onion and feta cheese with whole wheat pasta, grilled chicken, and a homemade vinaigrette dressing.
I actually prefer this salad cold, but you can eat it warm also. I used penne pasta, but sometimes I use spirals. For busy weeknights, I like meals like this that I can just throw together. Of course, it’s nice to have left-overs for lunch later in the week too.
Serves about 6
Tomato- 3 small diced
Cucumber- 1 large diced
Olives- 1/4 cup sliced
Red onion- 1/2 cup
Feta cheese- 3/4 cup crumbled
Whole wheat pasta- about 2 cups cooked
Grilled chicken- about 4 large boneless, skinless breasts
(fresh basil would be good in this salad but I didn’t have any on hand)
Let's be friends!
Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!
Whole Grain Mustard- 3-4 teaspoons
White wine vinegar- 1/8 cup
Dried basil- 1 teaspoon
Olive oil-1/4 cup
- Combine all the ingredients together except the olive oil and stir. Then whisk in the olive oil.
- You can adjust the ingredients depending on your taste preferences.
- Boil the pasta according to package directions.
- Spray a grill pan with cooking spray and cook the chicken until done. Then cut into cubes.
- Add the diced tomato, cucumber, olives, onion, and cheese with the pasta and chicken.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss it all together.