Hello and happy Monday! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and long relaxing weekend. I had a nice Thanksgiving, but ended up eating way too much. I went for a great walk/jog in our neighborhood park on Friday morning and it felt so good to get outside and get moving. That jog made me realize how important it is to keep working out for the rest of the year. With the Christmas holiday approaching and a schedule that is extra full, workouts can be the first thing to go. But, I encourage you (and myself) to stick with (or start) exercising for these reasons:
1. Reduce Your Stress. For some of us, the holidays can be a stressful time of year and working out definitely helps to alleviate those tensions. Even if I don’t feel like going to the park or gym, by the time I’m finished, I feel so much better! I have never regretted a workout, but I have regretted not working out. Working out helps clear my mind and improve my mood a ton.
2. Working Out Helps You Eat Healthier. This is true for me, but I wonder if it’s true for you too?? When I’m working out consistently, I tend to eat better. I recognize that I worked hard at the gym and I don’t want to “blow it” by eating poorly. On the other hand, if I’m not working out, I tend to eat badly- indulging in way too many desserts. It’s a double whammy either way.
3. Finish Strong. For me, I’ve worked really hard to get into good shape and I want to maintain what I’ve accomplished. If you’ve done the same, don’t spoil it by quitting now!
4. Be Ahead of the Game for the New Year. When the New Year comes and everyone resolves to “get in shape” you’ll be ahead of the curve! How great will that feel?!
5. No Guilt for Small Indulgences. I try to eat healthy most of the time, but I admit to having a sweet tooth and indulging in desserts (and wine!). I don’t think total deprivation is a good thing and knowing I work out helps remind me that it’s okay to indulge during the holidays without feeling guilty.
I don’t tell you anything that I don’t tell myself. Writing this blog helps motivate me to continue my efforts at living healthy too. My leg is feeling better, so I plan to pick back up my Live Fit Trainer. I made my meals for the week on Sunday and I plan to Finish Strong and start the New Year off right!