One of my favorite healthy dishes is Asian Chicken Stir Fry. It combines tasty veggies with brown rice, skinless chicken breast, and Asian seasonings. I love it because it’s so easy to prepare, a definite plus for a busy family. I often already have a batch of cooked chicken and rice in my fridge- so I only have to cook the veggies, and then it’s a one-pot meal. The whole dish is great to take to work the next day for leftovers.
Asian Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 cup brown rice
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cup veggies (broccoli, carrots, snap peas, mushrooms, water chestnuts (you can get canned in the Asian aisle of your grocery store)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 onion diced or a few scallions (not pictured)
- Low sodium soy sauce (to taste- me me a few “glugs”)
- Ginger (to taste- for me a few slices)
- Asian chili sauce (to taste- for me 1 teaspoon)
Let's be friends!
Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!
- Cook the brown rice in a saucepan
- Brown the chicken in a skillet
- In a separate skillet, add a couple tablespoons of EVOO and onion, cook until tender
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds
- Add veggies and stir until cooked
- Add the seasonings to taste
- I like to scoop out my rice separately instead of combining it with the veggies so I can control how much rice I’m getting per serving better (about 3/4 cup). Then add chicken breast.