Bedroom Rug Over Carpet

I was browsing rug sources last night, looking for a rug to layer over the carpet in the master bedroom and came across some contenders on Lulu & Georgia and Joss & Main, but I still want to check out Homegoods and some other online retailers like RugsUSA, Target and Overstock before I pull the trigger.  I’ll continue pinning my faves onto my “rug” Pinterest board if you want to check them out.  I still need to measure to see exactly the size we need, but our bed is a little over 7 feet wide, so I’m looking at  rugs at least 7’6 x 10’6.  I like to see lots of rug beyond the actual bed.
Below is a cool graphic illustrating how different rug sizes will look with a king bed.
A friend of mine has beautifully incorporated a rug into her bedroom design.  Sita Montgomery‘s master bedroom is neutral perfection!
And talk a gorgeous fireplace!  See the whole room tour on her blog.
_________
I know I’m on the right track with our neutral bedroom when I realize I still love our light grey walls  (Sherwin Williams – A New Grey) and neutral bedding (that we’ve had for years in the ‘Pacific’ colorway- it’s on sale now, by the way).  I’m excited to continue in this direction and finally add in a rug!
Have a great week friends!
__________________
keep in touch!

subscribe  | instagram | pinterest | facebook | twitter | bloglovin

1. March 2, 2015 / 1:54 pm

This Is great because we will definitely be looking for a rug for our room because the carpet in the bedrooms at the new house that we are renting just isn't our favorite, lol

2. March 2, 2015 / 1:57 pm

The rug in the first photo is perfect! I can't wait to see what you select.

3. March 2, 2015 / 2:40 pm

This is such a helpful graphic. I've been dying to add a rug to complete my master bedroom and haven't been able to determine the right size. Thanks for sharing!

4. March 2, 2015 / 7:13 pm

The Dump has a really nice selection of rugs.

5. March 3, 2015 / 12:35 am

I just suggested that RH bedding in Pacific colorway for a client today! How random. However, we were wanting to incorporate light blues in her room. Would you say that its more grey or could it work as a light blue as well with a linen colored bedspread.

6. March 4, 2015 / 10:25 pm

How did I miss this? Thank you so much for sharing my Bedroom, friend!! I appreciate you and your support more than you could know! 🙂

7. March 8, 2015 / 12:43 am

I love the look of a rug under the bed in a master suite, I need to start looking for one for mine & my fiance's room!

xoxo, SS

The Southern Stylista

8. March 10, 2015 / 6:25 pm

how do you get the rug to lay on the floor flat on top of carpet?