DIY Tray Makeover

First of all, I have to tell you that you guys ROCK!  I so appreciate all the great sources for chandeliers– I looked at every one you suggested and have lots of new ideas.  The Horchow sale ends tomorrow, but I’m not ready to make a purchase yet, so we’ll see . . . Thank you so much for your helpful feedback!  Here’s a hug for ya!

via
**********

We have this giant (26″ x 18″), sturdy tray that I picked up at Target over a year ago that continues to get tons of use in our house.  Throughout it’s lifetime at our home, I’ve lined it (and covered it with hard clear plastic that I had cut at Hobby Lobby- thanks to my friend Lauren’s suggestion), using:

I picked up this paper at Paper Source, along with the two below.  I’m thinking of wrapping books for our bookshelf with them or creating some type of wall art.  I totally restrained myself by just buying three- they have so many colors and patterns to choose from.   The red, pink and gold paper reminds me of my friend Chassity’s blog (Look Linger Love)

If you’ve never been inside a Paper Source, here’s a peek from their website.  They are open in several states, but not all.
I can lose myself for hours in a paper store or bookstore!

1. November 10, 2011 / 1:33 pm

I love paper source. My mom and I spent a fortune making collages from paper source paper. There are just so many beautiful papers to chose from. The peacock feather paper is one of my favourites!

2. Liz
    November 10, 2011 / 1:49 pm

I would love to do this with my tray at home. I live in Boston, does anyone know where I could get the plastic?
    Thanks!

3. November 10, 2011 / 2:00 pm

Paper Source is one of the greatest stores ever. 🙂

4. November 10, 2011 / 2:04 pm

What a great idea to have plastic/glass cut to fit! I have a similar tray from PB that gets tons of use but is boring. I'll definitely borrow this idea 🙂

5. November 10, 2011 / 2:31 pm

That is such a great idea. I will really have to try this! I think I could get lost in a paper store as well!

6. November 10, 2011 / 2:35 pm

Aw, yes I love that red and pink paper! And I've been contemplating trying to do a tray, just need to get do it don't I! Can't wait to see how it turns out. xo

7. November 10, 2011 / 3:52 pm

OO I love the idea of wrapping some books for Christmas on the bookshelf. Quality paper is key for the holidays! 🙂

8. November 10, 2011 / 4:42 pm

I could lose myself in a paper store for hours too. Love how you have the ability to change up your tray….I have been keeping my eye out for one to makeover.

9. November 10, 2011 / 7:09 pm

This looks great! I love the paper that you chose. That was a great idea to get the insert cut to fit the tray as well. Clever!

Myers Maison

10. November 10, 2011 / 8:11 pm

Oh gosh, they're so pretty! And that one totally does look like Chassity's blog haha They would look fab as book covers! Love the one you put on your tray! xo

11. November 10, 2011 / 8:29 pm

I am loving that paper! You know I have the same stationary addiction you have!! LOL

12. November 10, 2011 / 11:41 pm

Oh, I love that store! When my husband trys to locate me he asks "Are you at The Paper Source or Michaels"!

13. November 11, 2011 / 1:49 am

Looks like this girl is buying a tray soon and headed to Hobby Lobby. What a wonderful, creative idea!

14. November 11, 2011 / 1:50 am

I love that paper!! What a great choice!!

15. November 11, 2011 / 6:00 pm

Love these trays and your paper choices. I could spend too many hours to count in a paper or book store, so I totally understand that one. Hope you have a great weekend 🙂

16. November 12, 2011 / 3:25 pm

Wow! I have an old tray that I kept thinking about throwing away, but just couldn't… and now I don't have to! Thanks!! 🙂

17. November 13, 2011 / 11:15 am

Ok – I agree we may be kindred spirits! When I have a few hours to myself I head to the bookstore first then the paper/pen/craft store! Your blog is lovely too. Thanks for visiting mine. 🙂