Displaying Kid Art

Happy Monday y’all!  It was a busy weekend at casa HWH, starting and finishing some projects, thinking about what I’m contributing to the Thanksgiving meal, beginning to make my holiday lists (which I’ll share with you soon) and pulling out the (yikes!) Christmas decor from the attic.  Man am I glad I packed it away so neatly last year🙂  Now I can easily see what I have and what I need for this year.

*********

One of the things I did this weekend was to create a little art wall in our mudroom.  Our little guy (19 months old) has been bringing home lots of art projects lately so we wanted a special place to display them.  We have a perfect spot in this high-traffic space.

The cork board was found at Target in a 4-pack for about $5.  I affixed them to the wall with Command adhesive strips.  I will probably add 4 more to the adjacent wall.

James makes lots of art at home too.  (p.s. does that look like your hubby too?  Glued to the t.v. during football season?)

Ahhhh!!!  You should’ve seen the look on his face when I showed him in the mirror what he had done.

*********

1. November 14, 2011 / 12:47 pm

Nice solution for the artwork! With one in preschool and one in kindergarten, we have artwork coming out our ears. I need to rig something up…my fridge might fall over from the weight of it all. 😉

Had to laugh about your hubby. Mine is the same way, except he really reclines a lot more on the couch. 😉

2. November 14, 2011 / 2:33 pm

your son is so cute!can you tell me where you purchased those two kitchen stools?

3. November 14, 2011 / 2:44 pm

Those boards are such a cute idea. Lilly is really into painting too. In fact for her bday she received a painting easel… looks like I'm going to need a place to display it all too.

4. November 14, 2011 / 2:57 pm

This is such an awesome and simple idea! Those are the kind I like! I will be doing this!

5. November 14, 2011 / 3:27 pm

So cute! My little guy is in preschool now and he's bringing home loads of artwork too. Thanks so much for the idea!

6. November 14, 2011 / 4:20 pm

So darn cute. Great idea with the boards. You'll be able to have your own art gallery soon thanks to handsome little James!

7. November 14, 2011 / 4:31 pm

How cute!! We converted the formal dining room to our sons playroom. I just hung his wall art gallery a week ago. I had to do something with all his projects he does at school. I will do a post on it soon!

8. November 14, 2011 / 4:46 pm

Great idea! It looks much better than covering the refrigerator. Your son is so cute!

9. November 14, 2011 / 5:19 pm

great idea! i need to do something like this for ava's artwork. she brings a lot home from daycare.

10. November 14, 2011 / 5:21 pm

This is such a great idea. I'm definitely going to do this for our playroom. Thanks!

11. November 14, 2011 / 6:28 pm

Such a simple and easy solution, and I love the way it looks. It will also be so easy to change it out. I'm going to show this to my sister! And yes, that's how my husband looks too!! haha

12. November 14, 2011 / 9:18 pm

Love that idea! And, you'll want the extra four…he'll have them covered in no time!! Something I wish I'd done is to take pictures of the girls art…that way when we were done with it (or had waaay too many pieces) we could keep a few for sentimental reasons, but have the others as well (pics don't take up much space!!). And, thank goodness everything they make these days is washable 😉

13. November 14, 2011 / 9:44 pm

Awesome! I'm going to Target!

14. November 14, 2011 / 10:56 pm

He's soo cute!! and I love his work on the wall! I miss those days!

15. November 14, 2011 / 11:59 pm

Great idea (he's so yummy!!!) As for keeping all that art that comes home, I have a 3-ring binder with plastic sleeve thingies…I slip a few pieces every so often in them for keepsake. Trust me, don't even attempt to keep it all…You'll drown in paper! And then be featured on Hoarders! 😉

16. November 15, 2011 / 4:31 am

We have art coming out the wazoo! I'm thinking of doing a HUGE art wall in the garage kind of like a giant bulletin board in school. For now we use magnets to hang it on the door to the garage. Most of it ends up in the recycle bin at some point but my daughter has caught on so I have to be discreet! I keep a few things but you can only hang on to so much. 🙂

17. Anonymous
    November 15, 2011 / 12:01 pm

A cute idea I have seen is to save all of his letters he brings home ("D is for dots", etc…) and hang them as a completed alphabet!

18. November 15, 2011 / 5:33 pm

Great idea! I am always trying to finding a way to display the art without having my house look like a daycare–this is brillant!

19. November 16, 2011 / 7:36 pm

I must get these corkboards! Do you remember where exactly in Target you found them? (office/supplies aisle?)

20. November 22, 2011 / 6:38 am

What a great little idea! My son (just turned two) loves art also… this would be great for us!