be mine

We don’t take Valentine’s day too seriously around here, but it’s still nice to do a little something sweet to celebrate the day.  At least, I think so;) image image via YourHomebasedMom On our first V-day together, Jimmy and I exchanged books and I still think books make a great gift (for a relatively small investment too).  It forces you to really think about what the recipient would enjoy receiving.  This year, Jimmy’s getting a hard cover book about his favorite college football team.   Over the weekend, I also had some fun playing around with my Silhouette machine making homemade cards. image image Before I had a Silhouette, I always wondered how people used it, but it’s pretty easy.  I downloaded these images for $1 each: image Which look like this on your screen just before you make the cuts. image image I had to cut the images three times, on different colored paper, to achieve this: image After using spray adhesive to assemble the images, they looked like this:  image  image It’s so fun making these cards, I can’t wait to make more:) and to my sweet baby James . . . image Heart valentine ********** image

1. February 14, 2011 / 4:14 am

Awe! How sweet!!! Those cards are so darling! Great job! We're not too big on Valentine's day either 😉 Glad to know I'm not the only one! lol James is just too precious!!! They grow way too fast!!! Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed it 🙂 As always 😉

xoxo

2. February 14, 2011 / 5:00 am

Love the cards you made! So cute! The flowers on your table are so pretty and festive too!

3. February 14, 2011 / 5:07 am

Super cute cards! I love the LOVE one! 🙂 I would love to exchange books for V-day because I love to read, but the hubs not so much! 🙂 I think we are exchanging DVDs this year. 🙂

4. February 14, 2011 / 5:36 am

Sweet cards, Megan. I need to get a Silhouette machine one of these days. My husband has a buiness trip tomorrow so we had a little Valentine's celebration today. I made him a nice brunch and he gave me a sweet card and flowers. It was a nice morning. Happy Valentine's Day to you!

5. February 14, 2011 / 11:36 am

Great Valentine's!! Of course, James is the sweetest! Mark bought me a book and great smelling candle at Anthro while we were away this weekend. Much better than candy and flowers! Happy Valentine's Day my friend!!

6. February 14, 2011 / 12:04 pm

This is sooooooooooooo sweet. I love that you include James into your blog. Have a GREAT day!
    abby

7. February 14, 2011 / 1:00 pm

Happy Valentine's Day, Megan! I love receiving books as gifts too. 🙂 I came downstairs this morning to find some roses and chocolate. The girls each got a small box of chocolate and a Valentine Barbie (the little sister–Stacey, I think??) that was in Target's Vday section.

We're staying home today b/c my oldest got sick last night. Figures. I'm so disappointed she won't be able to go to her preschool Valentine's party. 🙁

8. February 14, 2011 / 1:53 pm

We don't go crazy for Valentines Day either but just have dinner together and enjoy each others time. I love that Silhouette Machine…I need one of those!

9. February 14, 2011 / 2:46 pm

… hey, I really love reading your blog … very inspiring …

p.s. Happy Valentine's Day <3

10. February 14, 2011 / 2:48 pm

I love the cards! So cute!

11. February 14, 2011 / 3:43 pm

Enjoy your sweet day with your sweet boys!

and you hung out with emily?!?!?! so jealous!

12. February 14, 2011 / 4:13 pm

Your cards look fantastic, Megan! Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours!

13. February 14, 2011 / 5:47 pm

Happy Love Day, Sweetie!!

14. February 14, 2011 / 8:49 pm

Adorable – I was wondering how you did just the outline of LOVE – I was trying to do that with lips on my Silhouette and couldn't figure it out.
    Jennifer

15. February 14, 2011 / 9:12 pm

I love the idea about giving books! We don't take Valentines too seriously either, and right now it's more for the kiddos anyways (which seems odd;). And I so want a Silhouette! Great job on those cards!

16. February 15, 2011 / 6:26 pm

hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day!

17. February 23, 2011 / 9:52 pm

Thanks for linking this project up, Megan. 🙂 I have a nice little library of projects now. Hoping there will be more next month! You are already much more proficient with your Silhouette than I am! 😉