Wanting to change up my meals, I made tuna salad this week. It’s so easy to prepare because you’re not cooking anything (except boiling eggs if you want egg whites in yours). I eat mine over greens (butter lettuce and arugula), but it’s also good as a sandwich on whole wheat bread. One of my favorite things my Grandma used to make for me was a tuna melt. She put the tuna on a piece of toast with a slice of cheese on top, then microwaved it for about 30 seconds. It’s really good that way!
Because I wanted to make enough to eat for several meals, I used:
Let's be friends!
Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!
- 2 large cans of albacore tuna in water
- 1 onion chopped finely
- Relish (about 1/4 cup of sweet & 1/4 cup of dill)
- 5 cooked egg whites chopped
- 3/4 cup light mayo
- Butter lettuce and arugula (I just put a handful of each in my bowl)
- *a squeeze of lemon is good too, but I didn’t have any
I’m guessing on the measurements of the relish and mayo because I didn’t precisely measure, I just scooped it in, but I think that’s about right. Use more or less depending on your taste preferences.