Yay for Spring!

Just as I was thinking it was time to start adding some Spring and Easter decor to our home, I came across Centsational Girl’s invitation to join in her blog party “Fair Weather Forum: Spring Decorating and Cleaning” Perfect timing!   At our home, some things just say “Spring”: image I pulled out these little Hobby Lobby pails and added hay, decorated eggs, and “Happy Easter” toppers for a festive, casual display on our breakfast table. image image DSC_0120  imageI fell in love with this first little guy last year at Hobby Lobby.  I think he’s just precious with his big ‘ole ears, little hands tucked under his chin, and giant feet:)  He’s made his home on a shelf in our media center this season.imageAnd can you believe West Elm was selling this sequined bunny for $30 at Christmas, but come spring, he’s marked down to $5?!  Bling, bling little bunny!  He’s pretty comfortable on the kitchen counter. DSC_0114 image Of course, nothing says Spring like fresh flowers!  My personal favorite is yellow, and this bunch adds a dose of cheer to our dining room buffet.  I’m thinking that pot might meet some chalkboard paint in the near future:) DSC_0134   ********** Thanks for the party Kate! image

1. March 28, 2011 / 1:55 am

Yay for Spring! AMEN!!! I am so ready. Loving the bunnies. I used to be a HUGE bunny fanatic (the girls used to go around counting how many we had). I've since pared down, but love them still!!

2. March 28, 2011 / 2:36 am

Love the yellow flowers. I definitely can't wait to plant some!

3. March 28, 2011 / 2:58 am

Those pails are soo cute! I have similar ones I bought from Target last year that I use to hold eyeliners and makeup brushes in my bathroom.

4. March 28, 2011 / 3:04 am

So cute!! Love the silver bunny!!!

sweetandsassy-sherry.blogspot.com

5. March 28, 2011 / 3:32 am

Love the little spots of Spring all over the house, looks great!

6. March 28, 2011 / 4:09 am

Love your touches of spring! Where oh where did you get your sideboard? I've been looking for dining room furniture forever, and yours is beautiful. Happy spring!

7. March 28, 2011 / 4:26 am

I just love all of the little Spring touches and pops of color. Your home is so beautiful 🙂 Have a great week with your family!

8. Shelia
    March 28, 2011 / 12:50 am

Hi Megan! Oh, spring time has arrived at your house! I love those little pails and eggs and the bunnies! I adore the little bunnies!
    I'm having a party called Heart of the Home Party – Show Us Your Favorite Cupboard on April 5th.
    I would love for you to come! 🙂
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia 😉

9. Holly @ Roller Coaster Life
    March 28, 2011 / 1:25 am

Everything looks so Springy and fresh!!

I was in the Spring spirit with weather that has been beyond amazing until it SNOWED this morning!! BAH

10. Natalie
    March 28, 2011 / 1:26 am

You always have the best ideas! Love the egg bowls and there is nothing I like more than fresh flowers! xoxo

11. March 28, 2011 / 6:51 am

I love your Easter decor. Simple and lovely. You always have the most fabulous table runner. Do you mind sharing your resources? Thanks!

Jessie

12. Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!}
    March 28, 2011 / 2:35 am

Cute cute cute!! I'm making myself get thru sloans party before moving on to Easter! 🙂

13. emily
    March 28, 2011 / 4:08 am

All your Easter/Spring stuff looks great! That bunny rabbit is so sweet! Sadly, the only "decorating" I've done this year is set out pastel color M&Ms! 🙂

14. natasha {schue love}
    March 28, 2011 / 5:25 am

Love the bunny rabbit…so cute and festive!

15. March 28, 2011 / 12:55 pm

Love the spring touches you're adding to your beautiful home!

I've only just recently found your blog but I LOVE it! It's one of my favorite daily reads. Sometimes the hubby sees me on the computer and asks if I'm looking at that house again 🙂

Your house is absolutely gorgeous! Such an inspiration for my own dream home someday. Oh and I just can't comment without saying how cute your little guy is too!

16. March 28, 2011 / 4:01 pm

Wow, so cute. the color coded eggs are just gorgeous.

17. JC's Loft
    March 28, 2011 / 11:38 am

Cut little egg filled pails and I love all of the fresh flowers you have : )

Paula

18. Courtney {a thoughtful place}
    March 28, 2011 / 2:34 pm

Looks great, girl! I need to jump into action and get some Easter going around here! I bought very similar pails. I like the color coded eggs. Very sweet.

19. Allison
    March 28, 2011 / 5:19 pm

Very pretty and I love the color coded eggs in the pails, as well! My favorite is the robins egg blue. I haven't seen any eggs in that color while I've been out looking. Your home looks nice and springy!

20. March 29, 2011 / 3:40 am

I love those egg filled pails! Thank you for letting us know about blog party! I linked my butterfly wafer paper cookies, and my daughter's 1st birthday garden party and woah I got a lot of traffic today! Happy Spring!

21. Isabella's Mommy....
    March 29, 2011 / 12:04 am

The bunny with the huge feet is way too cute! I saw it last week at hobby lobby & almost snagged one too.

22. Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful}
    March 29, 2011 / 5:24 am

That bunny on your shelf really is just too cute, I can see why you couldn't pass him up (c: And sequined bunny??? So awesome.

23. Elsa