Organized Magazines

There’s only a couple more things to do in my office before a tour of the whole room is in order.  Last week, I showed you how I recovered my aqua magazine holders with gift wrap and now I’ve updated them with bookplate labels. The aqua wasn’t quite right for my new color scheme and I’m a huge fan of the Rifle paper I used.
I’m big on magazines, especially in the summer because I’ll take them to the pool, flip through during long cardio sessions at the gym, or for easy reading before bed. Most of my magazines are given to a friend after I read, but I save certain subscriptions, like Oprah, House Beautiful and Martha Stewart Living to keep for future reference.  Now, I’ve got them all organized and labeled in my office bookshelf.

I bought inexpensive, metal bookplates from Michael’s and they are adhesive so they stick right onto the magazine files. I used washi tape (gold dots and stripes) over the labels that came with the bookplates and printed “HB” and “Living” with my labeler.  These bookplates could be spray-painted another color if you wanted something different.

I’m so happy with the result!
Do you keep any of your magazines?  If so, how do you store them?
* * * * *
Head over to Honey We’re Healthy if you need some tough love today.
You can follow Honey We’re Home on FACEBOOK & PINTEREST too.
* * * * *
I’m sharing this post with Jen at I Heart Organizing.

1. September 17, 2013 / 2:30 pm

Looks great Megan! I wish I could say mine are organized, but they are in piles right now. Thanks for the great inspiration!

2. September 17, 2013 / 2:46 pm

Thank you for the wonderful inspiration! I'm totally going to do this.

3. September 17, 2013 / 3:11 pm

love this! great polished way to organize them!

4. September 17, 2013 / 3:41 pm

Mine are in the same magazine holders as yours but nowhere near as pretty (plain white)…and you've just convinced me that I need a label maker. 🙂

5. September 17, 2013 / 5:24 pm

I keep some of mine for reference in similar magazine holders. However, not quite as pretty as yours. Might have to break out the paper and washi tape!

6. September 17, 2013 / 6:22 pm

I definitely keep mine…working on a solution for where right now. Very cute wrapping paper idea Megan!

7. September 17, 2013 / 8:57 pm

Oh Megan, I'm loving your choice of paper! It's so sophisticated looking. Your office is really coming together beautifully.

I keep my magazines in uhh…a giant unsorted pile in my bookshelf at the moment. You've inspired me to deal with it, haha!

By the way, I wrote a review on that Critter Spray Gun you liked. You can see more about it here if you're interested:

Annie XO

8. September 17, 2013 / 8:58 pm

These are great. I love the idea of clear label tape for the label maker. I need to go get some of that. You are so nice and organized. Mine are in stacks around the house. boo

9. September 17, 2013 / 10:01 pm

That paper is gorgeous. And great idea with the metal bookplates. Now I'm in search of some pretty paper 🙂

10. September 18, 2013 / 1:04 am

I can't wait to see your whole office! I love what I see. Such pretty papers. How nice to have your magazines all organized and labeled. I need to do something with mine. They're in a stack in a closet taking up floor space. I save my Martha Stewart and Cooking Light magazines.

11. September 18, 2013 / 4:08 am

I love these! They look beautiful and easy to make. Right now my magazines are just in stacks around the house.

12. September 18, 2013 / 4:23 pm

Cute! I may or may not have a magazine collection slowly taking over my house right now… love how pretty and organized this is! And, of course, the rifle paper co paper!

13. October 7, 2013 / 6:29 pm

Love the paper for both of your magazine organizers! I'm crazy for Rifle Paper Co.

14. October 7, 2013 / 8:09 pm

This is a very neat way of organizing all your favorite magazines, Megan! And while you're at it, do you know that you can also do this with your other important files and documents? Piling them all in binders or folders, then labeling them accordingly will make it easier for you to sort them all out and find them easily when you need them.
    Ruby @ Williams Data Management

15. November 12, 2013 / 8:28 pm

Great going in organizing your magazines, Megan! Organizing our files or documents is a good way to keep track of them and make sure that nothing is lost. Proper organizing can also protect your magazines from damage. Thanks for sharing, and I wish you luck in future endeavors.

Jim Adams @ EMS Imaging