Hi friends! We’ve made it to Week #3 of our Fitness Challenge! We are almost halfway to our 30-day goal and I have a delicious, protein brownies recipe to share with you! I have to admit that I really struggled last week. I was swamped with life and work commitments and a ton of rain made my favorite go-to exercise (running/walking outside) impossible. I still managed to get in a lot of exercise, but I didn’t do my challenging group classes, which always makes me feel so alive, strong, and energized when I go.
On the food front, I ate bad 2 days in a row, and then really felt like crap. Even though I’m leading this challenge and want to be a shining example for you, I also have to be real and honest and let you know that this is actually a challenge for me too. I don’t get it 100% right all the time. And I know you don’t expect me too. I so appreciate that we are all in this together and have each other to lean on. I’m not giving up and I hope you don’t either!
Today is a new day! A day for a fresh start and to begin again. Sometimes it’s three steps forward and one step back. That’s okay as long as we keep heading forward. We can’t be SO hard on ourselves that we let setbacks make us give up the good fight. We are strong and we can do this together! How are YOU doing??
P.S. Several Zella leggings are on sale up to 50% off! I love the fit, quality, and style. And they last forever!
HWH FITNESS CHALLENGE | WEEK #3
Our 3rd MEAL PLAN went out in the Weekend Newsletter. You can subscribe to my Blog & Weekend Newsletter HERE.
This week I have: 1) a protein brownies recipe so you can have a treat that you don’t feel guilty about, and 2) a CORE workout that includes helpful tips for healing diastasis recti (ab separation).
20-MINUTE CORE WORKOUT
ASK THE EXPERT: FITNESS Q&A
Also, mark your calendar for Thursday night at 8:30 p.m. CT. Cari will be doing a LIVE Q&A on our Facebook group, answering any of your questions. This is a great opportunity to talk to a fitness expert for FREE about anything you want to know regarding your health and fitness!
Let's be friends!
Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!
PROTEIN BROWNIES RECIPE
And now for something to satisfy your sweet tooth! I’m sharing my delicious protein brownies recipe! The consistency is lighter more like a cake than a dense brownie, but I still really like them.
- 1 cup Oat Flour (grind oats finely in a food processor)
- 2 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (I used chocolate protein powder)
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Baking Cocoa
- 4 Egg Whites
- ½ cup Splenda (I leave out the sugar and add 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips)
- 8oz Berry flavored Baby Food or 8 oz applesauce (I use the applesauce)
- 4oz Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients (oat flour, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa) together in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, applesauce, water) together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spray cooking dish (I used an 8×8 glass pan) with a non-stick butter spray or olive oil spray and add batter to dish.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes
2 Bars = Calories 96; Fat 1.4 g; Carbs 12 g; Protein 10 g
Store in the fridge so they don’t go bad!
Let me know if you try out this protein brownies recipe! Have a great, STRONG week, friends!