Outfits Lately

We made it to the end of the week friends!  And over here it’s been crazy because we’re preparing for Hurricane Harvey to hit Houston.  Schools are now closed Friday and Monday.  I really hope everyone stays safe and it ends up being much ado about nothing.  But, we all remember Hurricane Ike and losing power for 10 days and that was a nightmare!  Fingers crossed and prayers being sent up!

Also, I messed up publishing my Day 2 recap of our New Orleans trip yesterday and accidentally back-published it for last Monday! I’m not sure how that happened, but it’s fixed now and should have went out to all my subscribers around 2pm.  But if you missed it, you can check it out here.  I’ll be posting my second weekly newsletter on Saturday, so if you’d like to receive that via email, just subscribe to my blog on the right hand side. 🙂

Today’s Outfits Lately post is a big ‘ole round up of what I’ve been wearing lately.  If you want more everyday outfit inspiration, I post my daily outfits on Instagram and Facebook, which is what I’m rounding up for you here today.  These aren’t professionally styled photos, just selfies and pics out and about sharing my attempts to get out of jean shorts (it happens sometimes!) and get creative with the things in my closet. I hope you find it helpful for your own wardrobe!

For fit reference, keep in mind I’m super short, just 5’1, about 105 pounds.  I often wear petite or size down for the best fit for my frame, but I’m also busty (34D) with ‘athletic’ i.e. big legs, so that can be a challenging combo.
sweater tank
Sweater Tank XSP ⋅Modern Skinny Jeans (dark rinse wash) 25P ⋅  Booties ⋅  Pendant NecklaceWatch
When you’re ready for fall, but it’s still HOT outside, you reach for a sweater tank! You won’t die in the heat if you get into the AC pretty quickly!  This top was one of the keepers from my last Dressing Room post. The suede slides are comfy too and I love the versatile color.
red twist front top
Top XSP ⋅ Jeans ⋅  Ballet Flats ⋅  Bar NecklaceBraceletRings ⋅ Watch
Are you doing a mini tuck with your tops these days? This twist top does the work for you, so you don’t have to worry about getting that perfect tuck! Comes in tons of colors too, but size down because this brand runs large.
When I’m out with the kids, I usually opt for flat shoes, makes carrying Jordan much easier!  I get so many questions about these leopard flats I’ve had for years!  They’ve lasted so well after tons of wear and they are wide enough for my Texas-sized bunions.  This exact pair isn’t available anymore, but the newer leopard style is stylish too.
split jeans
 Striped Top XXS ⋅ Button Fly Jeans 24 ⋅ BagNecklaceWedge Heels on sale under $40Stud Earrings ⋅ Watch
I’m so smitten with these jeans I got in NOLA! You’ll see them in a styled post soon, but I already wore them with a fun striped top yesterday and felt so groovy!  They are crop length with a split in the front and button fly!  They it your hips and booties like a dream too!  L O V E !!! I sized down from my normal 25 to 24.
striped madewell tee
red embroidered top
These white jean shorts have been good to me all summer and here I paired them with a new embroidered top.  It comes in black too and will look great with jeans and booties this fall.
striped top
This tie-sleeve sweatshirt is a fan favorite and for good reason!  It’s the comfort of sweatshirt material with a tie sleeve detail and is now out in several more colors and stripe combos!
gingham cardi
 Consider me a sappy mom, but the first day of school hit me hard! I had it to together when we walked out the door, but as I was leaving him at school, I got all choked up! Again with the flats, but don’t they look good with the gingham cardi?!  This is a good one to keep at work in case you get chilly.
pink cold shoulder dress
This little sweatshirt dress with cold shoulders and ruffled sleeves made a sweet outfit for lunch with the girls.
black tank dress w pockets
And I’ve gotten lots of wear out of this $34 tank dress!  It’ll be coming with me on our family Labor Day trip and I’ll wear it as a swimsuit cover-up too.
black tank dress w pockets (1)
Tank Dress ⋅ Sandals ⋅  Necklace  ⋅ Tote
Here it is again in New Orleans! Girl gets around!
cozy barefoot dreams cardi
The cozi cardi is a daily essential.  I plan to finally wash it this weekend (assuming we have power).  My mom washed hers and said it washed perfectly well with a tiny bit of shrinkage.
gingham top
Gingham Top 00 ⋅ Boyfriend Jeans 0P ⋅ Sandals ⋅ Necklace ⋅ Bracelet ⋅ Watch
Wore this out the door to head to NOLA and got lots of compliments on this top with tassel detail. Tassels make everything better, right?!  The boyfriend jeans are my go-to when I don’t feel like wearing skinnies.
loft joggers
 This is the outfit I should have worn on the plane.  They are seriously the coziest pants, but still on the dressier side so you can wear them with heels or more casually with sneakers.
flat lay
 Since getting these ultra cushiony sneakers, I’ve been wearing them a ton!  I searched for the perfect pair of black slip on sneaks forever, but these were the clear winner!  They run big, so I sized down 1/2 and can wear a thin no-show sock with them or wear them without socks.
striped sweater jeans
 They go well with shorts and jeans alike.  Another great flat running around with kids shoe.  These two crack me up!
black zip cross body bag
And I love this crossbody bag so much, I wanted to show you a closer version of it.  It’s awesome because it’s small enough to not overwhelm your frame or add bulk, but the bottom unzips to create more width, which makes it big enough to hold my mini camera that I like to travel with.  I’ll be taking this with me next month to NYC for the Better Homes & Gardens Stylemaker event.  Can’t wait!
floral romper dress (1)
New Orleans was the perfect place to dress up at night.  I got to wear the floral romper dress you originally saw here.
jumpsuit (1)
Jumpsuit ⋅ Heels ⋅ Watch ⋅ Necklace ⋅ Ring
And the jumpsuit I got during the Anniversary Sale.
Becca crochet swimsuit
This swimsuit is what I call MamaSexy.  It covers you because it’s one piece, but the crochet is artfully placed and creates a nice silhouette.
here for halftime sweatshirt
I have a feeling I’ll be in this sweatshirt and the leggings below all weekend while we hunker down for Hurricane Harvey!  If you put these leggings on, you’ll never want to take them off.  They are a super soft fabric with a wide, ribbed waistband.
soft pants
Leggings XS ⋅ White Tee XXS
ANN TAYLOR  ⋅ 20 – 40% off & extra 40% off sale with code GETMORE.
ANTHROPOLOGIE ⋅ 30% off sale styles, FREE ship – soooo many darling things there!!

BANANA REPUBLIC  ⋅ 40% off regular priced items.

GAP  ⋅  Everything up to 50% off + extra 20% off & FREE ship, code FORYOU.

LOFT  ⋅ 60% off select styles, code SUMMER60.
NORDSTROM ⋅ Get a $40 note when you get approved for the credit card and spend $100 the day you’re approved
I’m running out again this morning to try to get more practical hurricane supplies- the snacks I got yesterday were painfully inadequate! I’ll be praying that everyone stays safe and sound!  I’ll keep you posted on Stories!
Have a great weekend friends!

1. August 25, 2017 / 6:41 am

Saying prayers for your family and neighbors! Stay safe <3

• Megan
      Author
      August 25, 2017 / 7:42 am

Thanks Laura, gonna try another grocery run this morning!

2. August 25, 2017 / 7:12 am

Obsessing over so many of these tops! I don’t know how to even begin to choose a favorite!

• Megan
      Author
      August 25, 2017 / 7:42 am

Hi Alexis! Have a great weekend!

3. Nadine
    August 25, 2017 / 9:06 am

Best of luck this weekend, Megan! We are in Houston too and hunkering down! Prayers for Houston!

• Megan
      Author
      August 25, 2017 / 11:19 am

Yep, same here! It might be a long hunkering down! I hope we can keep in touch!

4. Pamela
    August 25, 2017 / 9:13 am

Prayers to all of you! Stay safe!

• Megan
      Author
      August 25, 2017 / 11:18 am

Thanks so much Pamela! Have a great weekend!

5. Kandie
    August 25, 2017 / 12:40 pm

Long time reader, first time commenter….LOVE LOVE your blog! You are such an awesome mom/wife/friend, your kids are adorable, and your fashion choices always are so put together. Even in sweats you look amazing! Pure envy over here!
    Keeping you and your family in my prayers during this time! Hoping Harvey leaves quickly with minimal damage. Stay safe and have a great weekend!

• Megan
      Author
      August 25, 2017 / 2:12 pm

Thank you so very much Kandie! It helps if you have cute sweats- trust me I’ve had my fair share of baggy butt sweats and they are no longer wanted over here! ha!! We’re just playing the waiting game now. I have a feeling we’ll be going stir crazy before long!

• Rebecca Buchanan
      August 26, 2017 / 3:23 pm

Love your Free People jeans with the buttons and front slits. I followed your link. Are the jeans you ordered the same ones as the link? They look darker in your photo. I would prefer your wash to the ones that are posted.

• Megan
        Author
        August 27, 2017 / 9:43 pm

Yep, I just double checked and they are the same ones!

6. Kathy
    August 25, 2017 / 1:31 pm

Hi Megan! I’ve been following your blog for a while now due to your fashion, home décor, and fitness tips. I’ve only recently checked out your istories and now think you are one of the sweetest people!
    Silly question, what iced drink do you get from Starbucks? I never go because I never know what to order and I have a nice gift card burning a whole in my wallet.
    Best of luck this weekend. Hopefully no power losses and no one gets hurt.

• Megan
      Author
      August 25, 2017 / 2:10 pm

I love hearing that Kathy! I think watching Stories gives you a much more accurate portrayal of how someone is in real life! So, at Starbuck’s, if I want an iced drink I’ll get an iced mocha- but I order it with 2 pumps of mocha instead of the usual 3- so the order is: tall, iced, 2-pump mocha. I also sometimes just get a regular iced coffee and add cream and I love their iced tea with 1/2 a splenda!

7. Sue
    August 25, 2017 / 5:28 pm

All eyes are on Texas as they batten down the hatches. Prayers for life and property as Harvey comes ashore. Your the only family I know in the area, so please be safe. Thanks for all you do for your readers.

• Megan
      Author
      August 25, 2017 / 9:31 pm

Thank you so much Sue. Today was very uneventful, but we’re expecting a ton of rain over the next few days.

8. Deb
    August 25, 2017 / 8:02 pm

Stay safe over there – hopefully Harvey will blow itself (himself?) out quickly when it makes landfall so it doesn’t do too much damage.

9. Rachael
    August 26, 2017 / 8:37 am

Prayers for safety!

Love all the outfits! Can you tell me what lipstick color you’re wearing in the first photo? It looks like a great Fall color!

10. August 26, 2017 / 11:28 pm

Love your blog and think you are cute as can be. One thought, i just cut like 6 inches from my hair and feel so free. Some of your pics i think a shorter cut would just accent your face. Think about it…….would be amazing on you! Just go for a few less inches……

• Megan
      Author
      August 27, 2017 / 9:44 pm

Hi Lisa! I’ve been trying to grow my hair out since it started out pretty short- just above my shoulders! It’s hard to not cut it, because I often want to! but I’m gonna keep letting it grow and then probably chop it again!

11. Jane
    August 27, 2017 / 6:59 pm

Random question. Can you recommend a granola bar/protein bar that you use? Stay safe!

• Megan
      Author
      August 27, 2017 / 9:45 pm

Hi! For granola bars, I like the Kind brand.I also like the Power Crunch protein bars- they are more like a wafer so not super heavy.

12. Patricia
    August 27, 2017 / 7:29 pm

Saying prayers for everyone in Houston and Texas…..please let us know when you can that you are safe !

• Megan
      Author
      August 27, 2017 / 9:46 pm

Thank you so much Patricia!