Washi Tape Bookshelf

Can I just say that I am truly grateful for the love and support I felt from your prayers and warm wishes for my dad over the weekend.  Even if you did not comment, I still felt lifted up and appreciate so very much that you took a minute out of your day to pray for my family.  I normally don’t post the not-too-pretty side of life since my blog is my “happy place” but this was just too important not to reach out.  My family thanks you from the bottom of our hearts.  We got a chance to have a nice visit this weekend and it was good to just be together.

At home, I dove into a major toy organization overhaul and then didn’t have any energy left over for much else.  I did add a bit of easy pretty to my office (James’ room too- just didn’t photograph his yet).  Check this happiness out.

I swear sometimes it really is the little things.  I unwrapped a new roll of washi tape and was delighted by the bright, colorful pattern and immediately thought, I need to see this sunshine everyday!  So I pulled a big ole strip across my bookshelf.

And then I added a pink and white chevron patterned tape . . .

Little polka dots . . .

And big polka dots. . . (and yes that is a SATC trivia game.  I rock at it too.)

What about this floral tape?!

The cool thing is, washi tape pulls off easily without any damage.  If you get it crooked, just peel it up and restick it.
This is a project that is fun for the whole family.  Look closely at the bottom left-hand side of the bookshelf.  James was helping.
He was all, “I want some tape too.”  I’m not gonna lie.  I gave him some plain old masking tape.  He looked at me like really?? and I felt ridiculous.  Then I let him have the “good tape.”
To see what else I’ve done with washi tape, go HERE.
To see how I covered some of those books with fabric, go HERE.
To see how I lined the back of my bookshelf, go HERE.
Have a great week friends!
* * * * *

1. July 15, 2013 / 4:09 am

Hope things are getting better!

Come organize my house! And bring all your washi tape 😉

2. July 15, 2013 / 5:42 am

Nice way to add a little pop to the bookshelf. Love it!

3. THE Princess Bombshell*
    July 15, 2013 / 6:09 am

Oh my word. James is too much! I literally lol'd! That sounds like my kids! Like "Um…that's not what YOU'RE using, mommy….!!!" And you just left it there. lol For how long did you manage to not rip it off and "fix" it?? 🙂 lol

4. July 15, 2013 / 1:09 pm

Hoping all is getting better! This is a great easy project and perfect for someone who changes their mind a lot (cough cough… ummm me)!

Take care.

5. July 15, 2013 / 2:54 pm

Glad you got to spend some time with your dad. Keeping all in prayer. James is a riot and one smart cookie!!

6. Jenny @ Simcoe Street
    July 15, 2013 / 11:04 am

Looks great! Ps I rock at that game too 😉

7. July 15, 2013 / 11:25 pm

Very good and simple ideia! Love your blog.
    Evelyne.
    evelyne-home-interiors.blogspot.pt

8. July 16, 2013 / 2:43 am

Glad to hear you felt comfort. Continued prayers for your dad/family. Btw, I recognize that great wall from Austin!

9. July 16, 2013 / 5:33 am

What a great idea! I just got some washi tape. Going to be adding it to my bookshelves. Thanks for the great idea!!

10. emily
    July 16, 2013 / 3:16 am

Thinking of you and your family. And what a fun way to jazz up those Expedit shelves!

11. Allison
    July 16, 2013 / 5:07 am

So fun and colorful Megan! I love the little section James contributed! So cute. I hope things with your Dad are improving. I continue to keep him and you and your family in my prayers.

12. July 16, 2013 / 1:52 pm

I'm going to have to washi up Quinn's Expedit shelves! What a great idea. James is an awesome helper 😉 Love that snapshot of you guys.

Still sending prayers & positive thoughts your way, M. xoxo

13. July 16, 2013 / 3:30 pm

Fantastic! And I love the SATC trivia game too!
    🙂

14. July 17, 2013 / 1:36 am

Oh, I'm just getting caught up and will definitely keep your dad in my thoughts and prayers. I just came home after spending 11 days with my mother who was in the hospital for a tumor on her spine, so I know the feeling, I think.

On a cheerier note, I love this use of washi tape! So fun, so cute, and so easy to switch up when the mood strikes!

15. July 17, 2013 / 6:04 am

Ok! You've convinced me! I'm off to buy some Washi tape! Too cute Megan! I love it. And you and your sweet dad are in my prayers!!

xoxo

16. July 18, 2013 / 12:07 am

You are on a roll with washi tape 🙂 Love this!

17. christine, just bella
    July 18, 2013 / 3:08 pm

Man, I love washi tape!! I super love the little touch that James added to the corner. It's perfect 🙂

p.s. I challenge you to game of SATC trivia if I'm ever in Texas!

18. July 19, 2013 / 11:15 pm

I love this post! I ordered some washi tape from Amazon and can't wait for it to arrive so I can play with it! Thanks for the inspiration! I LOVE your blog! Your house is SO beautiful – thanks for sharing pictures! 🙂

19. August 6, 2013 / 7:58 pm

Is that the 4×4 Ikea Expedit? Or two of the 2×4's put together? Either way, it looks great!

20. September 5, 2013 / 9:24 pm

Just browsing your blog and found this post… I love it! I actually did the same thing recently with the shelves in one of my linen closets. I had used a label maker to label below my bins, but it just looked so blah – so I added washi tape along the full length of the shelves and then used clear label tape and added the labels on top of the washi tape. It's so much prettier and makes me happy, even if it is behind a closet door. Sometimes I open the closet door just to admire it 🙂 I have a feeling you get that!