Breakfast Egg Sandwich

Today I’m bringing you a breakfast sandwich that one of my very-favorite-people-in-the-whole-world, my Grandma, used to make for me when I was younger.  It’s an egg muffin and whenever I make it, I always think of her.  It reminds me that sharing food is sharing love and my Grandma is exceptional at that.

I use a 100% whole wheat muffin, extra lean turkey ham, 2% American cheese and one real egg (but you can use egg whites if you prefer).  Simply fry the egg and a slice of turkey ham with Pam cooking spray, toast the muffin, and top with a slice of cheese.

Below is the nutrition information.

Let's be friends!

Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!

* * * * *

1. November 14, 2012 / 2:38 pm

Yum! I love myfitnesspal. It has changed the way I eat!

2. November 14, 2012 / 2:39 pm

This looks delicious!!!

3. November 14, 2012 / 2:47 pm

My mom made this for my brother and I all the time growing up. So delicious 🙂 Hope you're feeling better!

-Sarah

4. November 14, 2012 / 3:01 pm

I make these all the time as well, they're so good!

5. November 14, 2012 / 4:36 pm

Excellent recipe! I've been actually craving a McDonald's Sausage & Egg McMuffin and this will be a perfect (and healthy!) alternative! I will try and make it this weekend for me and my husband – I'm sure he's going to love it too! Thank you for sharing 🙂

6. November 14, 2012 / 6:14 pm

This is a little off topic but for those of us who need to workout at home are there any programs or dvd's you can recommend? Love both blogs. Thank you for your great posts!

• Sam
      November 16, 2012 / 12:31 am

Check out bodyrock.tv -you'll find great workouts that can be done at home with minimal equipment!

7. Traci
    November 14, 2012 / 7:34 pm

I make something similar but I've never put the meat on it. Sounds delish!

8. November 15, 2012 / 12:14 am

Yum! I love a whole wheat muffin with egg, tomato, and lite cheese.

9. November 15, 2012 / 1:13 am

This looks delicious!!:) Megan– Did you stick to the diet plan for Live Fit when you first started? I just started and I'm already getting a little bored because I'm trying to be "overly" good… any suggestions?

10. November 15, 2012 / 1:42 am

Ko I've done power 90 and had great results! Jillian michaels 30 day. Shred is good too

• November 15, 2012 / 2:47 am

Thank you. I will check them out.

11. Anonymous
    November 19, 2012 / 3:37 pm

Love these! Instead of turkey ham, I like to use avocado — that way I can have monounsaturated fatty acids, too.

12. December 12, 2012 / 6:45 pm

I have been making this and my husband loves it. Also I am on my fitness pal and would love to friend you, you are an inspiration and I really need to get back on track.

13. December 12, 2012 / 6:50 pm

I have been making these and my husband loves it. I am on my fitness pal and would love to friend you. You are an inspiration and I really need that right now. Trying to get back on track my username is weightloss32

14. January 5, 2013 / 6:16 pm

Hi! I've been trying to eat clean, and on the LiveFit menu plan, it doesn't include any wholegrain breads, besides Ezekiel breads. You have had awesome results, and I wondered if this is something you ate while doing the 12-week plan? I too am a mommy to a busy toddler, and I need something quick in the mornings for both of us to eat.

Thanks! Rachel