I made these “brownies” over the weekend for the first time, and could not believe how good they are! The consistency is actually more like a cake, but you don’t have to feel guilty about eating this cake. The recipe comes from Jamie Eason and I put in italics how I tweaked it. I think the next time I bake them I’ll leave out the sugar and see how that tastes. (*update, I left out the sugar completely and added a 1/4 – 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips and it’s even better!)
- 1 cup Oat Flour (I ground oats finely in a food processor)
- 2 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (I used chocolate protein powder)
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Baking Cocoa
- 4 Egg Whites
- ½ cup Splenda (I used 1/4 cup real sugar)
- 8oz Berry flavored Baby Food (I used 8oz applesauce)
- 4oz Water
Let's be friends!
Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients (oat flour, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa) together in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, Splenda, berry flavored baby food, water) together in a medium sized bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spray cooking dish (I used an 8×8 glass pan) with a non stick butter spray or olive oil spray and add batter to dish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes (mine cooked for closer to 30 minutes)
2 Bars = Calories 96; Fat 1.4 g; Carbs 12 g; Protein 10 g