One of my latest (and easiest) DIY projects was these little faux potted plants. You can read about them here.
2. If you could have the skills of any designer or cook, who would it be?
One of my favorite designers is Nate Berkus. Not only is he incredibly talented, but I can tell that he treats the people on his show so genuinely.
3. What is your favorite color scheme?
I’m still a “neutrals” girl at heart and love the look of an airy, white room.
4. One thing that we might not know about you is…
In my day job, I work as a lawyer.
5. What do you miss most about being a child?
It was all so simple then:) And maybe living in California- can’t beat that weather.
6. What does your ideal Friday Night look like? BE HONEST!
Oh this one is easy, because we have the routine down pat! Early dinner out with the family and sometimes another family will join us- usually Mexican food. Come home, put James to bed, sit on the couch eating ice cream or drinking hot cocoa and catching up on Pinterest, blogs, and email. Rinse. Repeat.
7. What is one beauty product you could never live without?
My eyelash curler. And curling iron. Okay, that’s two.
8. What is your favorite season and why?
Summer! I love the long, sun-filled days.
9. If you could travel anywhere and money wasn’t a factor, where would you go?
I’ve had a hankering lately to go somewhere beachy. Hawaii comes to mind.
10. What is one design mess in your home?
Our media room. It’s still just being used as a storage space for unused furniture and things that need to go in the attic.
11. One goal you have for your blog in 2012 is…
Respond to emails quicker and to comments more often.
Our Fifth House
1. If you had a time machine, where or rather when would you go?
I want to go to a year from now. Am I pregnant??
2. Diamonds or Pearls?
Diamonds. I really need to post my wedding ring. It is seriously gorgeous. My favorite piece of jewelry ever!
3. What’s your favorite movie?
4. When you were a kid, what was your favorite television show?
Let's be friends!
Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!
Who’s the Boss?
5. Let’s pretend you found $50 in your couch cushions, what would you run out and buy?
I’m looking for a mirror for my guest room, so I’d take that $50 bucks to Homegoods and hope it was my lucky day.
6. What is your favorite color?
7. Why did you start your blog?
I had just quit my job and was a stay at home mom to my 4 month old son. We also had just built a house and I was obsessed with the decorating process.
8. What is your favorite home decor store?
Lately, Z Gallerie.
9. Name one thing in your make-up bag you can not live without?
My Juicy Tubes lip gloss. I probably apply it 20 times a day.
10. Do you watch Revenge?
What’s that? 🙂
11. Will you still be my friend even though I made you suffer through this little game of tag?
I saw that most of my friends were already tagged by Carmel, so I’m tagging Shelli (A La Mode Maven
1. What does your morning routine look like? i.e. Do you make your bed and/or drink coffee??
2. Do you cook or eat out most of the time?
3. What’s your favorite food?
4. Who’s your celebrity crush?
5. What’s your favorite room in your house and why?
6. What have you been wanting to change up in your house lately?
7. Where do you score most of your decor finds?
8. How much time do you spend on Pinterest- if any at all?
9. Have you met any bloggers in real life? If so, who?
10. What’s your signature drink?
11. What blog post are you most proud of?
Make it a great day!