The Lob

I was browsing Pinterest and found a pin from Brooklyn Limestone of this gorgeous girl’s fabulous hair!

Turns out, the gorgeous girl is Kate, a professional hairstylist with a blog called It’s the Small Things.
On her blog, she shows us how to achieve her fantastic hairstyle with a – get this- full VIDEO Tutorial!! Yay!!  And that’s not the only video tutorial- she’s got lots of others.  Or, she’ll teach us how to do these styles:
She also writes about her favorite hair products, offer hairstyling tips and tricks, but also does DIY decor projects!

Let's be friends!

Subscribe and enjoy exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox!

Check Kate and her blog out HERE!
I’m thinking that when I get sick of my long hair, I’d like to go for Kate’s chic hairstyle!

1. September 5, 2011 / 12:50 am

I just found her site two days ago… and it is addictive! She has me thinking about getting a trim too!

2. September 5, 2011 / 12:52 am

That is the cutest hairstyle! Once I lose all my baby weight (and maybe a bit more) I'm chopping my hair. This is great inspiration. And I'm pretty sure I repin 90% of your pins 😉

3. September 5, 2011 / 12:54 am

Wow! Thanks for letting us know! Her hair is fab, and I desperately need some hair tutorials. I can do straightened and ponytail only lol

4. September 5, 2011 / 1:13 am

LOVE this style! Not sure if you had a ton of hair loss after you had your little one, but i sure did. I had to chop off my hair into a pixie-esque cut because of some crazy bald spots! This is the hair I want SO bad!!! Love her site! 🙂

5. September 5, 2011 / 1:35 am

I need to cut about five inches of my hair and I've been looking for a blog like this!! Thanks! I need serious hair tutorials to do fun things with my hair!

6. September 5, 2011 / 2:29 am

Such cute hairstyles, makes me want to cut my hair but it took forever to grow it back out.

7. September 5, 2011 / 2:35 am

I also saved this as one of my favorites. I'm going to ask my stylist for a longer version of this haircut. I think her highlights make it though! Alas, I'm a brunette…

8. September 5, 2011 / 3:16 am

THANK YOU for the feature!! How sweet!

9. Xazmin
    September 5, 2011 / 5:22 am

I came over from Serenity Now because Amanda gushed about you….and now I find this chain reaction – because now I HAVE to go check out this hair blog! I LOVE me some great hair styles!!

10. September 5, 2011 / 1:26 pm

I love that first shot. My hair is so wavy and thick that it won't hold that kind of volume without an act of God. No matter how hard I try to get it straight, some sort of kink always makes its way back in. I could use her blog! Thanks for the introduction!

11. September 5, 2011 / 1:41 pm

I have seen this pin on pinterest too and totally loved it! I am going to go have to check out this tutorial. Thanks for the post.

12. September 5, 2011 / 2:13 pm

Will have to check her site out! Beautiful hair!! Mine is short now, but I love that style.

13. Gaby
    September 5, 2011 / 2:56 pm

Thanks for sharing!!!!

14. Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!}
    September 5, 2011 / 2:35 pm

I just featured her last week…she does her 'curly style' the same way I do mine. I love all her tutorials!

Happy extra day off!

15. Courtney {a thoughtful place}
    September 5, 2011 / 3:37 pm

Wow. I need those tutorials. She is darling and I have to check it out. Hugs to you on this holiday weekend.

16. natasha {schue love}
    September 5, 2011 / 5:25 pm

LOVE her hair and the length…perfect! Definitely checking it out now!

17. Allison
    September 5, 2011 / 6:31 pm

She's got great hair! I love her haircut in that first photo. I'm in the mood for a messy pony today so I'll see if I can do it following her tutorial. Happy Labor Day to you, Megan.

18. September 6, 2011 / 1:18 am

I discovered her blog about a week ago and I keep going back to make sure I'm curling my hair correctly! Hope you're doing well.

19. September 6, 2011 / 1:41 am

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!!! I LOVE HER HAIR!!! OMG, I NEED A HAIR LIFT NOW! LOL!

20. Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair
    September 5, 2011 / 9:43 pm

Such a great find – love the plaits! xo

21. Erika
    September 6, 2011 / 2:28 am

I found her blog a little over a week ago and I LOVE it! I've already done a couple of her hair tutorials and they turned out amazing (which is saying alot since I have extremely fine hair).

22. September 6, 2011 / 12:52 pm

I had seen that hairstyle about a week ago and printed to give to my hairstylist. I love it!

23. September 9, 2011 / 1:02 am

Oh man… these pictures make me wanna cut my hair! Esp since this is the longest I've kept my hair in a while–it's normally been about Kate's length. Oh man…

24. October 27, 2011 / 9:01 pm

I love this haircut/style. I have super curly hair {that was chemically damaged about 2 yrs ago} and is currently in the growing back super slow phase. When I straighten it I'd say the length is about 3 inches longer than in the picture but that part needs to be chopped right off! "Have mercy" — this cut is perfect! Thank you for sharing.