baby james {8 months}

This little guy is getting so physical.  And he’s really intentional about what he wants to do.  For example, now he will specifically crawl, and I mean, fast! toward whatever he’s interested in.  Last month, he just started pulling himself up, and now he’s a master.  He’s crawling all over the house, likes to climb up my leg, and he’s also already cruising around the furniture!  Ahgghgh . . .
Now, James:

Weighs 20 pounds
Wears size 12 months and I started buying 18 months too
Recognizes Mom and Dad
Loves when you clap and likes to hold your hands while clapping
Loves music, story time, and bath time
Loves being tickled and laughs with those deep baby belly laughs
Watches for your reaction when he’s doing something
Can sit unassisted
Likes to play with the toys that light up and/or make sounds
Can pick up his pacifier and put it into his mouth
Is getting better at using his fingers to manipulate small objects
Gets frustrated and will scream out when you tell him “no” and move him away from the remote control or computer or whatever he’s not allowed to play with
Still sleeps from about 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. (THANK THE LORD!), naps for about an hour at 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.  Now, I put him in his crib awake, and he falls asleep on his own- usually.
Babbles and makes lots of sounds, but still no “mama.” And believe me, I’ve said it to him a million times.
Has (almost) 5 teeth (three on bottom, two on top- the upper right is almost through)
Needs another haircut

image
This video was taken when I had to wake him up for a doctor’s appointment.  Normally, he wakes up on his own.  But, isn’t it sweet to be greeted with a smile?

Full-on crawling now.
image
And pulling up.  Notice the corner protectors!
image
Added the legs to this toy so he could play with it while standing.
image
I’ve also started dressing James in shirts and pants instead of onesies.  He’s getting so big that the onesies looked a little silly and one day, one of my friends remarked, “Where’s his pants?” Oops.
image
I found this little faux leather club chair and ottoman at Home Goods ($79) and had to snatch it up!  Remember, I have the adult version in the sitting area of my bedroom!
image
image
I think babies look so cute in overalls.
image
Is it just me or does my baby already look like a toddler?  🙁

__________________
keep in touch!

1. November 4, 2010 / 2:33 am

He is soooo stinkin' caute! Okay, regarding the video…momma, I think it's time to trim the hair again…he looks like he has a comb-over! Seriously, he is adorable!! Love it!!!

2. November 4, 2010 / 2:36 am

Lauren- I Know! Maybe this week …

3. Kelli
    November 4, 2010 / 2:30 am

Those eyes are so beautiful… soak it up while you can, your going to turn around and he will be starting preschool 🙂

4. momnivore
    November 4, 2010 / 2:56 am

Megan-

I totally used to do this with Moose (my first born), and I did "monthly reports" in my journal for Monkey as well.

I think this is very smart for ALL parents to do: well first for the keepsake aspect, but from a developmental perspective as well.

BTW…James and Monkey could pass for brothers with those eyes! Monkey has as much hair as James as well…

great post!

5. emily
    November 4, 2010 / 3:47 am

Oh my heavens, he is so precious! His eyes are just beautiful. (And he looks so cute in that awesome club chair!)

6. The Reluctant Blogger
    November 4, 2010 / 4:37 am

James is adorable! What beautiful eyes! I know how you feel with the baby looking like a toddler already, babyhood goes by way too fast!

7. Leah
    November 4, 2010 / 4:47 am

Oh my goodness! What cutie pie!!! I loved watching that video! You are making me want a second baby so bad!

Luvs!

8. Courtney {a thoughtful place}
    November 4, 2010 / 5:59 am

LOVE!!!! ughhh! reminds me so much of my grady when he was younger. That video is great. He was so happy to see his mama. And I love that your friend asked where his pants were! I have had those moments 🙂

9. November 4, 2010 / 2:12 pm

Awww! What a cutie – and getting so big!! I love his bed-head in the video haha! Too cute, happy 8 months James!

10. Wendy
    November 4, 2010 / 11:28 am

he's soo cute!! happy little man!! 🙂

11. Jessica McKenney
    November 4, 2010 / 4:44 pm

OMG!! MEGAN!! My little Nephew is Growing TOO FAST!! He is seriously adorable though 🙂 That Hair cracks me up. If you trim it up he will look so grown up but he does need it.

12. Natalie
    November 4, 2010 / 12:10 pm

Happy Eight Months to James!! This first year goes by way too fast! I feel like Sterling looks like a toddler too, what happened to the tiny babies we brought home 8 months ago? James is precious!

13. A Delightful Design
    November 4, 2010 / 12:27 pm

He is darling!! Today is my baby's 9 month birthday! The time goes too quickly–that's for sure.

Enjoy every moment! abby

14. -Kasey
    November 4, 2010 / 12:27 pm

Baby posts are bitter-sweet for me. Brings back memories of when my Jayden was this age [he is shy of being 3 now].

Your little guy has such big blue eyes, and look at that hair! How adorable! 🙂

15. Samantha
    November 4, 2010 / 12:47 pm

Oh my gosh, that video was so cute it almost makes me want to have another!! He sure is a cutie.

16. Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design
    November 4, 2010 / 12:58 pm

He is precious! I miss my little one being that age 🙁

17. Danielle Oakey Interiors
    November 4, 2010 / 2:57 pm

he is so cute! those big blue eyes are dreamy!

18. Aja
    November 4, 2010 / 3:47 pm

Oooh, he's getting so big! What a doll! And for the record- I love babies in just onesies!! Let's see those adorable chubby legs!

19. Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!}
    November 4, 2010 / 4:01 pm

so so so yummy!!! I love this age!!! So freaking cute…could spread him on a cracker and eat him up!

Great job documenting his monthly progress…you think you'll never forget anything he ever does, but you will! You'll be thrilled to have this!

xo

20. House of Ficek
    November 4, 2010 / 4:54 pm

Precious! He wakes up so quickly, and that smile… to.die.for!

21. Kristen
    November 4, 2010 / 5:16 pm

that video is just precious! makes me want a little one!

22. November 5, 2010 / 2:36 am

Okay guys- I gave the babe a little hair trim tonight! I still think it needs a little bit more on the bangs- will have to try again tomorrow. 🙂

23. November 5, 2010 / 4:10 am

So adorable! 8 months is such a fun age.

24. Melissa :)
    November 5, 2010 / 2:30 am

OMG stop the cuteness! Adorable. 🙂

25. All Things Cherish
    November 5, 2010 / 1:52 pm

So stinkin cute!! I can't get over how much hair he has!

26. Sixty-Fifth Avenue
    November 5, 2010 / 3:25 pm

Megan, the video is adorable! I'm in love with your sweet baby…they grow so fast!

27. Pinky
    November 6, 2010 / 9:47 pm

OMG!!! This made me teary! He is so sweet and wakes up so happy. My son, who is 42 now:):) woke up the same way. I will never forget the day I went in after his nap and he was STANDING for the first time!!!!!!!!!! Be still my heart. Thanks so much for this wonderful memory. The time FLIES by!!!!! XO, Pinky