Ringing in the New Year | NYE Dresses

Do y’all have plans for New Year’s Eve?  For so many years, during my college days, I waitressed and bartended and spent many a holiday weekend working.  The time change where you “fall back” was the worst!  Great for the partiers, terrible for those behind the bar! Sometimes I would request off so I could join my friends on NYE and we always had a crazy great time.  But those were the young party days.  Now, we make it a much lower key event, often skipping going out altogether for just staying in.  Last year, we had an intimate dinner with two other couples out at a local restaurant and it was really fun to ring in the new year together.
As I write this post, I’m not necessarily sure of our plans yet, but my shiny, sequined party dress is ready for a night on the town!  When I was looking for holiday dresses, I figured I should go ahead and try on NYE dresses while I was at it, since I knew there’s nothing already in my closet ready to go if we made plans.  It’s not easy to find a party dress in your third trimester!

Size Ref: Small
This one isn’t maternity, but has a good bit of stretch to it, so it expands to fit my belly.  I wasn’t sure about the scratchy-factor of a totally sequined dress, but this one is fully lined throughout – even the sleeves – in the softest fabric ever.  You don’t even feel like you’re wearing sequins- until you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror all blinged out.

NYE dresses- festive & sparkly to ring in the new year
And I loved how the sequins are arranged on this dress, with more of the silver waterfall effect artfully placed at the top and bottom of the dress.

NYE dresses- festive & sparkly to ring in the new year
When opting for a pretty short dress in the winter, I like to wear it with opaque tights (non-maternity tights $5 on sale) so I feel more covered.  Plus, these legs are pretty pasty right now.  Use this self-tanner for a nice glow.  It smells good too.  I just spray it on after drying off, but step back into the shower to do so, so the spray doesn’t end up on the tile floor.
NYE dresses- festive & sparkly to ring in the new year
Cheesy fun accessories are a must for a night like New Year’s Eve.  I picked up the mask, feathered tiara and party favors at Party City.

NYE dresses- festive & sparkly to ring in the new year

Baby on board means I get to be the designated driver! Woo hoo!  But we would probably Uber if we end up going out anyway.

NYE dresses- festive & sparkly to ring in the new year
I’m wishing y’all the happiest New Year’s Eve and all the best that 2016 has in store for you! Make a wish!

__________________

keep in touch!
Affiliate links used

1. December 23, 2015 / 4:44 pm

You are too cute. Great photos.

• December 24, 2015 / 4:21 am

Thanks Chantel, we had fun with these photos. 🙂

2. December 23, 2015 / 10:01 pm

Omg-this is out of control. How many pics do we need to see of one dress?? I think you need to change the name of your blog to Honey We're Shopping. It's just lists of crap to buy which you make money on. And when you post so much if it, nothing seems special.

• December 24, 2015 / 4:25 am

Aw, sorry you didn't like, especially since I so enjoyed taking these pics and celebrating a "fancy" baby bump. Best wishes to you for a wonderful new year.

• December 29, 2015 / 7:20 pm

I love the genuine excitement of you and your family for your new little one. It is evident in your pictures, blog posts and all of the loving preparation done in anticipation. I was far from stylish during my pregnancy and I think you look adorable. Clearly, some people need to focus on kindness in the new year. If they don't like what you post, there are thousands of other blogs out there.

• December 30, 2015 / 6:54 pm

So sweet Ashley. After I read that comment above I felt like, yeah, I guess it was photo overload. I appreciate your comment, nice to hear a positive response. Only 10 weeks to go now!! 🙂

• December 31, 2015 / 9:10 pm

For the rest of us that enjoy your pictures…"keep em' coming Megan. Ignore the downers we love your blog.

3. December 23, 2015 / 11:39 pm

That is a great dress! Could you tell me where your booties are from? I have been looking for some like that and have yet to find some I really like!

• December 24, 2015 / 4:26 am

My booties are old, but the "kourtney" booties at Nordstrom are very similar- I'll see if I can find them and provide a link.

• December 24, 2015 / 4:28 am

Thanks Jordyn, I'm happy to have these to remember this time in my pregnancy. Happy New Year to you! I always appreciate your kind words. 😉

4. December 24, 2015 / 3:03 am

So, so pretty!!! Happy holidays to you and the family!

• December 24, 2015 / 4:28 am

Thanks Jess and back at ya! 😉

• December 24, 2015 / 4:29 am

Thanks so much, 11 weeks to go! Merry Christmas to you!

5. December 24, 2015 / 12:38 pm

Your baby girl will love seeing these someday and seeing how glammed up mommy is! You should put all if the pregnancy fashion pictures in a photo book for her. So special. Look look beautiful and have inspired me to wear red lipstick lol it's been a week and I'm getting use to it. So are my kids!

• December 30, 2015 / 6:47 pm

I never thought of that, good idea! I'd never do that with my pregnancy pics with my son- so terrible and bc of that I hardly took any pics anyway! 😉 Good to hear you're trying red- it took me a while to get used to also, now I feel a little naked wo color on my lips!

6. December 26, 2015 / 4:56 am

Love the last few the most! Such a fun photo idea. Happy holidays!

• December 30, 2015 / 6:47 pm

Thanks Allison! Wishing you the best 2016!