Neutral Bedroom Design Plan

After searching and reviewing so many rugs, I bit the bullet and ordered a rug from Joss & Main.  I made sure the rug is returnable in case it doesn’t work out (and I’ve returned a rug to Joss & Main before so I know it’s pretty easy to do), but I’m thinking the graphic below should represent how it will look in the room.  Of course, you never really know what you’re going to get when you order a rug online (unless you happen to have seen it in person elsewhere first). I hope it works!
bed (similar) ours is this one, but in cream (which I don’t see on the site currently) | duvet cover | sheets | Devon sunburst mirror | beveled mirror | nightstandslamps (ours are similar, but from Homegoods) | x-benches

We have Sherwin Williams Accessible Beige in our bedroom.  Here’s what it looks like and I’ve also written a post about all the paint colors in our home.
I already had all of the items in the design, expect for the two new gorgeous bevel mirrors, that I plan to put above the nightstands.   I know that’s a lot of mirrored surfaces happening, so we’ll see how it looks when it’s all pulled together.  I figure the wooden x-base stools and a woven basket will add more natural texture to keep the room from being too glam.  And we have a tall wooden leaning mirror that helps balance things out.
__________________
keep in touch!

subscribe  | instagram | pinterest | facebook | twitter | bloglovin

affiliate links used

1. March 12, 2015 / 12:57 pm

I think this room is going to look beautiful! I love neutral bedrooms, as they feel so comfortable and relaxing to me. Can't wait to see how the rug works out.

• March 13, 2015 / 12:17 am

Thanks Michelle! I've got my fingers crossed on the rug! 🙂

2. March 12, 2015 / 2:36 pm

Love your inspiration board! Hubby saw a lovely more neutral duvet he loved at PB, so it looks like we too are going to go a bit more neutral and lighter in our Master as well. Can't wait to dive in to this project!!

• March 13, 2015 / 12:18 am

Thanks mama! So cool that your hubby is making design choices! 😉 Mine is color blind!

• March 13, 2015 / 12:19 am

You know I love your bedroom too! Your original bedroom (those striped walls) was one of the first posts I read on your blog!

3. March 12, 2015 / 4:31 pm

That is gorgeous! I've heard only good things about Joss & Main, but I haven't tried it myself. Beautiful color scheme by the way 🙂

• March 13, 2015 / 12:20 am

I've been happy with everything I've found on there, with the exception of one rug that I was able to return. You can't beat their prices!

4. March 12, 2015 / 5:23 pm

I have the large bevel mirror in my entry way from Pottery Barn and you won't be disappointed. I love it!

• March 13, 2015 / 12:21 am

Good to know! I bet that large one is gorgeous!

5. March 13, 2015 / 1:43 am

I have that very same rug in mind for my dining room! It is gorgeous–can't wait to hear if you like it, it looks beautiful. Such pretty "picks"– it will be a wonderful room 🙂

6. March 13, 2015 / 9:23 pm

I've been eyeing that bedspread forever! Such a gorgeous combination of pieces. Love! And I love following along, Megan!! Have a good weekend…

7. March 15, 2015 / 12:14 am

This looks like the makings of a calming, serene, and beautiful bedroom! I especially love those lamps!

8. March 30, 2015 / 7:27 pm

I agree with all the other comments…this bedroom looks so relaxing! I love the calming colors. I hope the rug works out for you. I have been looking for a rug for our family room for a long time, I might have to check out Joss and Main!