Fave Lipstick Colors

Is it feeling like Fall where you are?  We’re still in the 90’s, but with it being September now and  a few weeks of school down, I can feel Fall on the horizon.  You’ve seen me pick out a couple of cardigans and booties in preparation for cooler temps, and I was thinking of adding some darker lip colors to my almost all-pale collection of lipsticks.  Since I usually wear more sheer color on my lips, I always feel like my lips are screaming, “look at me” when I go darker.  But, my motto for fashion and beauty lately is, “It should be fun!”  And, “Why not?”  I think it just takes some getting used to after you find a shade that looks good on you.
As you can see below, my favorite lipstick is MAC (although I admit to not really trying any other major brands).  I have tried drugstore lipsticks, but I usually hate either the smell or taste.  MAC has no taste or odor, goes on smooth, and feels good on your lips.  I often add this gloss (‘simmer’) on top of any shade of lipstick I’m wearing.  Just a dot in the center of your lips makes them poutier. This gloss (‘tickled pink’) looks great on it’s own.

This “faux” lipstick was applied with MAC “oak” lipliner.
See why I need to change it up?!  I think it’s fun to play with makeup and see the different looks you can achieve- especially with a darker lip.  Although MAC is my go-to lipstick brand, I’m curious to hear about your faves, and have picked out the gorgeous, sexy lip colors below.

top left to right, bottom left to right
Are you a dark or light lipstick wearer?  Do you change your lip color with the season?
Thanks to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post.

1. September 3, 2014 / 12:51 pm

I lived in MAC Modesty or Hot Gossip all summer! I use the Lipglass in Cherry Fest. I'm always looking for a good neutral to wear everyday, and I like your choices. I like to wear a brighter/bolder color when I dress up. And I also transition to more 'fall' colors when the season changes. 🙂

• September 3, 2014 / 8:02 pm

Thanks for sharing those colors – I'll check them out! I remember Lipglass- I used to wear it, but then thought it was a bit sticky.

• September 4, 2014 / 5:44 pm

I go back and forth between Pink Treat & Raw Refined in the MAC gel liners, because they're WATERPROOF! Both shades can be dressed up or dressed down with a coordinating lipstick and/or gloss, and sometimes I just put some good ol' Aquaphor over them to make 'em SHINE. The gel liners are my fave, especially for evenings, weddings, and/or special events.

2. September 3, 2014 / 2:16 pm

My favorite "go to" lipstick for every day is Clinique "Go Fig". I love the color…and it goes with everything!

• September 3, 2014 / 8:03 pm

I like Clinique too. Never tried their lipstick though. I'll check out that color- thanks!

3. September 3, 2014 / 3:01 pm

I''m the same way with darker l/s making me feel like *look at me* lips, lol. My current favorite is IT Cosm. Rose Flush. :0)

• September 3, 2014 / 8:04 pm

ha! I haven't heard of that, thanks for sharing!

4. September 3, 2014 / 8:26 pm

My husband laughs at the number of lipsticks I have. I think I am a lipstick hoarder! I love to switch colors. A few of my favorites for fall are Lancome "Crushed Rose", Estee Lauder "Intense Nude", Nars "Gipsy", Mac "Brick-O-La", Mac "Syrup" and a new shade I just bought and love is Bare Minerals "Call the Shots".

• September 12, 2014 / 6:08 pm

You do have a lot of lipstick Allison! Thanks for sharing your faves! 🙂

5. September 4, 2014 / 1:21 am

I just tried Bite for the first time! Really great, long lasting!

• September 12, 2014 / 6:07 pm

Thanks for sharing Aaryn! Hope you're doing well!

6. September 4, 2014 / 3:35 am

I am NOT a dark lipstick wearer. I'm so uncomfortable wearing it, I feel as though my lips enter the room before I do. I have worn MAC Glam IV with MAC Nymphette lip gloss forever. It is safe and it seems to go with just about anything I wear. I'm ready for a change, but I just hate the whole process. I must say after seeing the Cherish on you, I might have spied my next color! The Faux with the oak lip liner also looks gorgeous on you. When the trends say jewel toned lips are in, I know they are not on trend for me. I don't change my makeup for the seasons, darken my nude eye makeup a shade or two and wear eyeliner, that's about as far as it goes.

• September 12, 2014 / 6:09 pm

Cherish is great! Sounds like you know what works for you Judy!