Pretty Paper Things

After I published my post yesterday, I couldn’t believe I forgot to add the funniest thing about my wonderful and loving Grandma — She is crazy for those 50 Shades of Gray books! She’s been on me to read them for months, but I still haven’t gotten around to it.  I know lots of people are fans- I just didn’t know my Grandma was one of them!

I’ve been busy doing other things, like going crazy buying washi tape and starting a blog calendar.  These are the things that make my inner 12-year-old girl all giddy.  Brightly colored markers . . .

sharpened colored pencils . . .
pretty notebooks . . .
with equally pretty pages.
And this Jonathan Adler agenda.  It’s so whimsical and fun.  June says, “Liberate your inner hippie”
washi tape + planner = a delightful way to schedule blog posts.
Too bad I’m already behind:)

But the process makes me happy.

Looking forward to Haven!  And Cassie coming my way!  Not jury duty.

Do you stop for way too long in the paper section of your Target store too?

Good to know I’m not alone.

Thank you all for reading my blog.  It makes me immeasurably happy.
P.S. A big CONGRATULATIONS goes out to my friend Emily who won the Pottery Barn Kids/PBS Kids Book Nook challenge!  Her nook was super cute and creative- check it out HERE

1. June 25, 2013 / 12:26 pm

Megan, I just went back and read the post on your Grandmother. So sweet. And, I do love pretty paper although, I think I like buying it more than actually using it. I can never find a pen or notebook once they enter our house…

Thanks for the link to my book nook, btw 🙂

2. June 25, 2013 / 12:30 pm

I wish I could buy everything in the stationary and scrapbook sections of Target. When I used to work there, I always asked to reset or mark down those aisles so I could see what was coming and going. LOL!

• June 26, 2013 / 3:35 am

Oh I would never get anything accomplished if I worked there . . .

3. June 25, 2013 / 12:57 pm

We are totally soul sisters! Every store I go into I spend way to long in the office supply section and in the craft section wondering what I could use to help make me more organized.

I'm (not so patiently) waiting on the arrival on my new Erin Condren Life Planner! I have my washi tape and colorful pens ready.

craftingafairytale.blogspot.com

• June 26, 2013 / 3:38 am

Yes we are! I'm getting really hooked on Washi tape- just placed an online order last night (can't wait for it to arrive!)

4. June 25, 2013 / 1:38 pm

Such cute accessorries! You may have answered this somewhere already but where did you get the white "Love" paper weight? Thanks!

• June 25, 2013 / 1:55 pm

Cara, That love sign is just a white wooden sign from Michael's. 🙂

5. June 25, 2013 / 2:52 pm

All these colorful notebooks and sharpened pencils are giving me heart palpitations!!! And yay, I got my own washi strip in your calendar!!!! xoxo

I'm off to drool through Target now!

and ps — if you ever read fifty shades, you will be HORRIFIED knowing your grandmother read it!!!! 😉

• June 26, 2013 / 3:36 am

Counting the days friend! I'm covering my ears about the book!

6. June 25, 2013 / 3:10 pm

Super cute. I am trying desperately to use my planner. I am hot and cold with it. Did you get a new computer? Did I miss that? Tell me more!

• June 26, 2013 / 3:37 am

Just the monitor- loving it!

7. June 25, 2013 / 4:24 pm

Love all the eye candy. I have way more stationary than a girls needs, but I can never seem to pass it up.

8. June 25, 2013 / 4:44 pm

I almost just bought the local book myself! There is just something about pretty paper : )

9. June 25, 2013 / 4:55 pm

every time i go to target i always leave with a new notebook, pens, or something.

10. June 25, 2013 / 5:23 pm

I'm literally obsessing over cute stationary right now so I'm loving this post!
    Kerri at HollyMuffin

11. June 25, 2013 / 6:20 pm

You just can't beat pretty paper! My husband has been trying to get my to go paperless for years, but I love writing things down in a pretty book too much!

• June 26, 2013 / 3:36 am

Men totally don't get it.

12. June 25, 2013 / 6:44 pm

Target has the best paper section. I've gathered quite a little collection of notebooks,washi tape, and notecards from Target myself. A girl can never have too much paper or tape, right?

13. June 25, 2013 / 7:44 pm

Pretty paper and a pretty desk is the best!

PS- I think your nook is much cuter 🙂

• June 26, 2013 / 3:38 am

My son (and his little friends) are loving it!

14. June 25, 2013 / 8:17 pm

Oh paper. It makes me swoon like a good looking man. I heart bright colors…and notebooks! I love notebooks! Even if I don't write in them for years it's like I can't have enough notebooks!

15. June 26, 2013 / 12:06 am

I love all those goodies. I totally think we could be friends…based on your love of colored pens, pencils and journals. We must be kindred… 😉

16. June 26, 2013 / 12:24 am

I love Target's stationary section. I could spend alot of money there. Love your post!!

17. June 26, 2013 / 2:19 am

I love that planner and your washi tape additions! Hoping you won't get picked for jury duty! I always thought they never picked lawyers, but three people in my section got picked for juries within just a couple of months of each other! We were all shocked!

18. June 26, 2013 / 3:53 am

Oh yes – the paper section makes me feel like a school girl every time! LOVE new markers especially!

19. June 27, 2013 / 4:33 am

Love a good blank note book. 🙂 Nice to know others love notebooks, pens and paper too! 🙂

20. June 27, 2013 / 2:49 pm

I spy 'just bella!!' 🙂 🙂 I'm a HUGE paper nerd too. I have those exact notebooks and they are filled with to-do lists. There is something about getting it down on paper that just can't be beat!