Ahi Tuna Salad

One of my favorite starters to order at a restaurant, aside from the cheese plate, is the tuna tartare.  To satisfy the craving at home, I make something similar once in awhile.  This recipe does call for a couple of unique ingredients you may not necessarily have on hand, but you can pick them up at most grocery stores.

Ingredients
  • Ahi tuna
  • Tomato
  • Avocado
  • Scallions
  • Spicy mayo (I get it from the sushi counter at my store- it’s about $1.00 for a small cup)
  • Wasabi paste- comes in a tube in the Asian aisle
  • Black sesame seeds
I sear the tuna in a skillet over medium high heat for about two minutes per side and them remove and let rest while I dice the tomato and avocado.  Add in a bit of chopped scallion, the spicy mayo and wasabi paste to taste and sprinkle with the black sesame seeds.
Are you into sushi or not so much?  I know people love it or hate it.  I’m definitely in the love category!  This is one of the recipes on my health and fitness blog, Honey We’re Healthy.  Join me over there for more! 🙂

1. May 23, 2013 / 1:26 pm

I've never tried ahi tuna, but this looks so pretty I might be enticed to give it a go!

2. May 23, 2013 / 2:15 pm

This looks incredible! I just recently found your blog! Love it!

3. May 23, 2013 / 2:26 pm

Sounds so delish Megan! I can't wait to try this! Thanks girl!

4. May 23, 2013 / 4:49 pm

Oh my God I am craving Ahi like no other right now! Can't wait till I'm not pregnant so I can have some good fresh Ahi!

5. May 23, 2013 / 5:16 pm

I love Sushi! Infact my boyfriend got me a sushi making kit for Valentines Day (may not seem romantic but his driving factor was something we could learn and do together)We made Sushi at home for dinner last night and it was amazing! We are getting really creative with it. Plus something fun to do together while we enjoy a glass of wine and catch up on our day. Love both your blogs! Thank you for sharring life with us. It's like having girlfriends to chat with in the middle of the day from my desk!

6. May 23, 2013 / 7:26 pm

Sushi lover here!! In fact, if I could choose my last meal on this earth it would be sushi. Totally pinning this recipe, thanks gal!!

7. May 23, 2013 / 7:38 pm

This looks so yummy! Not one single store around here carries black sesame seeds – can you believe that?! I guess I'll have to order online.

8. May 23, 2013 / 9:33 pm

did you get a new blog design or header?!?! things are happening around HWH!!!