Pink Lamps

I admit to having a “thing” for lamps.  Am I alone?  I know lots of women who love shoes and bags (me too!), but I also get excited over pretty lamps (and mirrors).  You can find inexpensive lamps at places like Home Goods, so they’re easy to switch out when you crave a quick change to a room.

I’d been coveting a girlie, bright pink lamp for some time, but didn’t want to spend a fortune.  Lamps Plus has a cool line of lamps from every color of the rainbow (with cute coordinating shades) for around $100 and up, but then you also have to pay shipping.  And if you want more than one, it’s obviously double the cost.

I pinned a beautiful coral lamp, but it’s $442! Um, no.

And finally, when I wasn’t even looking, I found a PAIR! of bright pink ceramic lamps at Home Goods! And they were less than $50!  I haven’t taken the tag off yet, but wanted to show you how they look in my super slowly evolving guest room.

This is a room-in-progress with a lot of bright colors going on . . . still not sure about how it will end up.
What’s your “thing”?
* * * * *

1. March 7, 2013 / 12:03 am

Loving the pink and orange! What a score to find a pair of cute lamps!!

2. March 7, 2013 / 1:17 am

I like how they pull your eye to the bits of pink in the wall art. My "things" are jeans, flats, gold jewelry, and power saws 🙂

3. March 7, 2013 / 1:27 am

Those are great!! Anything striped always gets my affection!!

4. March 7, 2013 / 2:41 am

Those are so fun! I have a thing for lamps too! So funny – my post today was about pink too!

5. March 7, 2013 / 2:42 am

Gotta love HomeGoods! Lamps and mirrors are my "things" as well, but especially mirrors. The new pink lamps are so complementary to the artwork. BTW I have bought a ticket to Haven…but we will see if I go 🙂

6. March 7, 2013 / 4:04 am

What a score!! I LOOOVE the pink, I need a girlie room where I can totally pull that off too. I have a thing for pillows, I think, and shoes, and dresses and …..

7. March 7, 2013 / 1:29 pm

my thing hasnt been lamps but this makes me want my thing to be lamps! love how bright and cheerful they are!

8. March 7, 2013 / 1:57 pm

Gorgeous lamps! Such a great choice, looks really good with the artwork. I need some artwork in my home to liven up my place, but I'm struggling finding the right pieces. Where did you find your artwork?

9. March 7, 2013 / 2:10 pm

Those are cute. Much better price than $442. Love the bright happy colors!

10. March 7, 2013 / 4:11 pm

Love the pink and orange combo. So fresh! And the painting is gorgeous too!
    Susan
    simplymodernhome.com

11. March 7, 2013 / 4:12 pm

Crazy crazy envious. Looking for two that exact color for Riley's new room! Ahhh! LOVE! I was there the last two days and those did not appear in my HomeGoods. That space looks awesome, girl!

12. March 7, 2013 / 9:03 pm

So cute! I love the color. Bags & shoes were always my thing but lately I can't get enough of cute workout clothes & tennis shoes! I'm anxiously awaiting a UPS delivery now!!

13. March 8, 2013 / 2:45 am

I've been loving pink lately and these are beautiful! My downfall these days is art. I feel like I've been spending a small fortune on prints these days!

14. March 8, 2013 / 2:18 pm

Gorgeous. I loved pink in middle school and then rebelled against it for the longest time but it's starting to find its way back into my life. Love the lamps and how they pull the pink out of the painting!

Lura

15. March 8, 2013 / 7:25 pm

I have a thing for lamps too, but chairs are my downfall! I bring home chairs the way some people bring home stray animals 🙂

16. March 9, 2013 / 1:02 am

Love the pink lamps. I am trying to decide if I want colored lamps for the new craft room upstairs. Love the punch of color.

17. March 13, 2013 / 9:09 pm

Love those lamps. That is a great looking white dresser- where did you find it?