Kids’ Valentine Craft – Personalized Gift Bags

My son’s preschool class will be having a Valentine’s party and, over the weekend, we completed a quick, inexpensive Valentine craft for the kiddos.  We made personalized gift bags for everyone with muslin bags, an ink stamp, and red marker.  I got these 4×6 bags at Amazon (25 for $5).
I figured there will be plenty of sweets (I’m bringing cookies) at the party, so we filled the bags with goodies instead- bubbles, kazoo, and foam heart sticker.

We got a little off track while stamping the bags . . .
But that’s part of the fun, right?!  The ink washed right off with soap and water.
I used a red sharpie to write each child’s name.  (I put a piece of paper in the bag so the ink wouldn’t bleed through while I was writing).  Then stuffed each bag.
I hope they like them!
Each child is supposed to decorate a shoebox to collect their Valentines in.  I wrapped James’ box with red polka dot paper left over from Christmas (from The Container Store).

To personalize the box, I spray painted mini chip board letter and James stuck them on.  He also added the red heart stickers.
I think we’re ready for the party!
* * * * *

1. February 11, 2013 / 12:31 pm

These look so cute Megan! Now I feel sad about Sterling's Valentines. I did make homemade pretzels but the cards are Scooby Doo store bought(lame, right?! Pinning this idea for next year!

2. February 11, 2013 / 1:02 pm

I am a preschool teacher and love it when parents get creative! I have ALWAYS had my own children do homemade valentines and love your bag idea!!
    ~Kim

3. February 11, 2013 / 1:06 pm

Thanks for sharing! Such a cute idea for a kids party. My son's preschool class will also be having a party and I have been searching for idea on little things to create vs the standard box of cards.

4. February 11, 2013 / 3:51 pm

SO cute! Every V-day I get nostalgic remembering decorating a shoebox and cutting the little slot in it so that valentine's could be delivered to our "mailboxes" on our little desks. Oh and I stole your v-day nails on instagram and did mine up this weekend too. 😉

5. February 11, 2013 / 4:59 pm

how adorable! way to go mom 😉 xoxo

6. February 11, 2013 / 5:24 pm

Really cute! As a former Kindergarten teacher I would appreciate you not giving the kiddos more candy or sugar. Sweet idea!

7. February 11, 2013 / 5:31 pm

Those are too cute! How fun those Valentine's Day school parties were. The kids are going to love these little baggies – and your handwriting on them looks perfect.

8. February 11, 2013 / 6:07 pm

These are so sweet. I love this time of year with the kiddos and watching them get so excited about the Valentines.

9. February 11, 2013 / 7:30 pm

those are so so cute! love his polka dot box. wait, that sounded weird. We decorated S's box this weekend, too. Wow, even weirder. 😉

10. February 11, 2013 / 7:58 pm

So cute! And, I know the moms will appreciate that it isn't all candy!!

11. February 11, 2013 / 8:56 pm

These are really adorable! I also love that you didn't just fill them with candy. Great project.

12. February 12, 2013 / 1:20 am

Adorable! Wish I had thought of these for my twins' class party. Great idea!
    Susan (simplymodernhome.com)

13. February 12, 2013 / 12:55 pm

Oh, these are darling! And reasonably priced, too! They'd be cute for an advent calendar, wouldn't they? Thanks for sharing, Megan.

14. February 12, 2013 / 6:28 pm

Ooooo, these are as sweet as can be! We did construction paper and candy, but this will be the project next year for sure! Thanks for sharing!